University already available?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by CMartch, Nov 26, 2004.

1. CMartch

CMartch New Member

University already available?

I was reading one of the featured stories on thesims2.com exchange and it gave the impression that the writer was already playing with the expansion pack. I beleive it's "The Carrington Family" it's the first one right now, and the people in it are in college part of the time and so on.. Does anyone know if maybe the person just found a way to fake it in their story, or there's bootleg versions out there? I guess it's more likely they just faked it.

Thanks, Corinne

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Fake. In fact, all the university screenshots so far are likely fake. It's well within Maxis's capability to make custom skins, which they've probably already done, but this is not proof that ANY of the events occurring in the screenshot are in any way genuine, as opposed to mockups performed by having the appropriately dressed people in the presence of appropriate looking items. Similar techniques are used to construct the obviously fake movie clips that was saw in the original game. It's all fake.

3. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

University Screenshots

I've seen four screenshots for University so far. Only one, a screenshot of a bunch of girls in what appeared to be a dormroom having a pillow fight, was not easily dismissable as a fake. To me, that one seemed to be the only legit screenshot as something like that is not easily fabricated by a fan. The rendered pillows they were using were highly detailed and the room they were in had objects and wallpapers/floorcoverings that I've never seen in TS2. But until a screenshot is officially released by Maxis, I'm dismissing anything that surfaces anywhere else as a fake.

4. Cyricc

Cyricc Goblin Techies

Heh. Sort of like what game developers do for E3.

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Fabrication by fans is generally not a problem: What you SHOULD be more concerned about is fabrication by MAXIS! Maxis has a known track record of staging shots to imply the presence of events which do not, in fact, exist. The fact that they appear to be rendered with the in-game engine demonstrates that not only do they fabricate these materials entirely, but much programmer time is spent on producing entirely fictitious material!

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yep, I think that all game-makers do that. It's part of marketing.:cool:

7. aragorn231

aragorn231 New Member

Indeed, that's probably the only way that they can start selling a game before it's actually finished (or even started, who knows, if you see the short timespan that some major projects are supposed to be finished nowadays)...

8. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

toast, i've seen the screenshot you're talking about, and the objects and wallpaper and floors are all in sims 2. i've used them. the only thing that is different are the pillows, but i remember in the sims 2, before it came out when maxis released screenshots, i saw a lot of things in them that weren't in the actual game.