University dorms/houses etc...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Definitive_Prankster, May 24, 2005.

1. University dorms/houses etc...

Hi all

New to Sims University (btw is it called Sims College in the US? All the interactions are 'college' but the game is called Sims University...) so still finding my feet.

WIth regard to student digs, am I right in thinking the following:

1. Dorms are free to live in but generally a bit naff (so unhappier University experience but cheap)

2. Houses are more costly and you pay a quarter of the total house price to move in and that's it (apart from buying furniture). Or am I to expect my sims to get a bill at the end of their freshman year?

3. Greek houses are sorieties, and are basically houses but more expensive.

Is that all correct?

2. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

No, dorms are not free either.

The sims get bills in both dorms and ordinary houses - unless the mail box is broken. The bills arrive either close to or soon after each examination. In that way your sims are supposed to get bills at the end of the freshman year, but on the other hand they are paid from 800 to 1200 for each passed exam. The most heavy bill my sims have paid at a college was a little above 1000 for each of the first four semesters - in a dorm with six playable sims. At the same time they were paid about 8000 for passed exams in each semester.

I have only played a single sim in a ordinary house for three semesters. He had a lot of expensive stuff, but he still only got bills for less than 400 each semester.

When you fill a dorm with playable sims, living in a dorm is more expensive than having the same number of sims living in an ordinary house. In other cases, the cost for the dorm is divided by the number of rooms, and you only pay the relatively to the number of rooms you occupy with playable sims.

Best regards,
    Boerge