Troubleshooting Unleashed compatable with SIMS 2 ???

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fisherff3, Dec 25, 2005.

1. fisherff3

fisherff3 New Member

Unleashed compatable with SIMS 2 ???

Hi

I purchased Unleashed expansion pack for my daughter and we tried to load it this Christmas morning to no avail. I'm not a gamer and she is new to the SIMS. Do we need to load a different version of the SIMS in order to make this work or am I destined to return this to the store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Disappointed dad :(

2. ukmel

ukmel CrAzY!!!

You need The Sims 1 to play Unleashed, only the University and Nightlife expansion packs work with The Sims 2.

3. fisherff3

fisherff3 New Member

Unleashed w/ SIMS 2

So I need to go purchase the SIMS 1 to load Unleashed? Isn't this a step backwards? Is my best bet just to return and not bother with the other. It seems like these expansion packs inject lots of problems with the original game. May be too much of a headache for me to deal with. Thanks for your help.

4. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I'm not sure you will be able to return the game... :(

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sims 1 and Sims 2 are totally different games. They had totally different generations of expansion packs.

So since you have Sims 2, the only expansion packs that work are University and Nightlife.