Unusable Object Glitch

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jan 5, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Unusable Object Glitch

I have two houses that came with the game, both conveniently with space for a basement underneath, so I built two basements.

After I did that, in one house the wife can no longer clear the dishes (hey, maybe she doesn't mind?) I thought at first it was both sims, but when the maid came over she cleared them away. So I had hubby sim try it, no problem. It's definitely just one character.

The other was a bit more serious. In the other house, my vampire could no longer use his coffin. I tried deleting it and buying a new one, nothing. His girlfriend could use it, but that's not much help, since she's not a vampire. I changed him back to human to save him.

It seems to be one character, one object. Jordan can still use everything else in the house, just not clear the table. She can put dishes on it, just not clear them away. Ditto with Porter and the coffin. Everything else worked normally.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and wanted to warn people that it's possible building a basement on an existing in-game lot can cause this glitch.

2. ozoinka

ozoinka New Member

Hi SBW, I had a similar problem a while back. The wife/mum was no longer able to clear dishes, while the others in the household had not problems. The problem started to get worse. First the dishes then the exercise machine, eventually she wasnt able to interact with anyone or thing in the household.

I put the problem down to a bad download, as the house was from the Sims 2 offical website. I'd been careful to check for custom content but still it was fully decorated and furnished so.. ? Eventually I moved her and the family out into a house I created. With no custom content. Happily this fixed her - phew!

BTW, my house had no basement.

I know you said your houses were Maxis built but is it possible you have a common object in those houses which was downloaded? I've done some searches on other forums (for my own problem) and it seems to come down to house downloads. This is serious though I've heard of others who have lost their Sims so good luck.

There is a thread on this site (somewhere), but I dont know how to paste a link. I'll edit this if I work it out.

3. surprised_by_witches

I'm not sure what it would be, but I do have some downloads. No objects, though. A couple of recolors and some wallpaper ...

I plan to move them out, just in case. I've had other glitches that were fixed that way.

Not sure I could handle losing them. Can we say, a bit too attached?

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I blame diagonal doors. You wouldn't happen to have had any on your lot?

5. surprised_by_witches

I don't think so, but I can double-check. I know I didn't have any on the coffin-cursed lot, which later turned into the character-missing-in-the-ether lot. They went on an outing, he came back (teleported?) she and the car did not, and the maid was stuck walking in circles.

Thank goodness she has friends. I invited her to a different lot and had them invite both sims to move in. Problem solved.

Whew.

And now I've got an apparent sim memory glitch. I think I'll check out your site, Pescado, for some hacks I don't have yet.

I love the ones I do have.