Troubleshooting Update 1.4.6.2 Sim's Faces and Cars Disappear

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Lindsay87, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Lindsay87

Lindsay87 New Member

Update 1.4.6.2 Sim's Faces and Cars Disappear

Hey, I'm a bit frustrated here, I was just about to back up my old save games and re-install sims, but I decided to see if someone could help me first.

It all started when I updated my game and I now have version 1.4.6.2 and ever since then my sims game has been faulty. I've never had problems untill now the first thing I noticed was my sims car is transparent all you see is the sims and the shadow of the car. The Green Hedge fences don't appear anymore, my big front gate doesn't show anymore, and the worst part is when I zoom in on my sims there faces disappear... apart from their 2 eyeballs and a patch of hair at the back?? It looks freaky lol, but I want it back to normal now, you know a marriage proposal is not right when you can only see 4 eyeballs and 2 bodies.

Anyone know what's happened? Is there a way to fix it? Only after the update did this happen. I have a Macbook Pro. I have pictures of it but I don't think I can upload it here?

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Welcome to the community Lindsay, please post your dxdiag report. And I'm quite sure you could post the pictures here.

Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner, pick 'About This Mac'. Then, click on 'More Info', go to 'File' and pick 'save as'. Save it in rtf format, and upload the document here.

Hopefully one of us here could help.
    Btw, have you checked The Sims 3 forum about the problem? If not, you could do a search and if that fails, post a thread.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I'm interested in how you can run DirectX on a Mac. ;)

You can upload the pictures here or use a site like imageshack.us and then post the link.