Upgrades Completed!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by News Service, Oct 3, 2003.

1. News Service

News Service New Member

Upgrades Completed!

<div style="color: #000080; padding: 2px;">Upgrades Completed!</div><div style="font-size: .9em; margin-bottom: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #000080; padding: 2px; border-top: 1px solid #000080;">Friday, October 3, 2003 by Kevin Stange</div><div style="font-size: 1em;">I'm even more pleased to announce that the very same night as we previously announced our plans to upgrade to a better bandwidth plan, we have completed that upgrade.

Our web server's new IP address is 66.90.68.42, and our control panel, mysql, and email server is now 66.90.68.39. The previous IP addresses should work for a week or two more before they are discontinued.

This should allow plenty of time for everyone's local DNS caches to catch up to the change.

I want to apologize for the 6 hours during which I was working heavily on the upgrade. There were several rather long periods with partial or complete loss of services. Everything should now be back up and running, and we are not expecting any further planned downtime in the near future.

The Yipes! issue I had previously reported should not significantly impact us due to the redudancy of our new network.</div>