USA, Posible War

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by timz2rules, Sep 23, 2002.

1. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

USA, Posible War

ok, there is a debate in the US senate i think it is over weather or not to give Bush unlimited authority to take on Iraq? and if he does, they have Nuclear weapons and Biological ones as well, don't they...Sudam is another one of those crazies...lets hear some of your opinions on this, i say its a bad idea to do it...

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I think we need to seriously reconsider about going to war...

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

War is never a permanent solution. I don't think it's even a good one. There is a "say" here that: "violence gives more violence". That "Damn Saddam" is a maniac. yes, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, bin Laden, and many more.
    How many lifes shall it cost? Who takes the worse hit in a war?
    How many children loses their fathers. How many starving homeless? Have they deserved it?? Are they the responsible ones??

It does brings the good old song "Blowing in the wind" to mind.
    Let's hope for peace.

4. ManagerJosh

I think the phrase is "Dust In The Wind" should a nuke destroy the entire earth.

5. Tweety

Tweety New Member

I think that, if the UN doesn't agree with Bush about attcking Iraq (As I've heard they don't), then we really shouldn't. I think if the rest of the world doesn't believe it's a good idea, then Bush should understand that now is obviously not the time to take care of Saddam.

6. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

Josh, on your note, we would go into a nuclear winter, we would die of starvation first before anything else :p, and yes the UN doesn't fully support it, but they do a bit...its a good debate topic, no?

7. ManagerJosh

If someone shoots nukes on everyone on the earth, we would be dust in the wind tim...literally. Almost no one would survive.

8. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

guess you got a point..it would suck to go that way...

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

It's freezes me to even think of it ...
    What are these leaders trying to do. It seems to me that all this warchase is a way to gain popularity .... As it lures the dark side in people ... I don't know, but thought have "hit" me more than once.

10. ManagerJosh

SOmetimes you think and wonder WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!!!

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That is a very good question Josh and it goes for all leaders that talks about war. It's so sad. I know how upsetting it is.

*Gives Josh a warm hug to calm him down*

12. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

it is an upsetting topic, but its a debateable topic, and thats why i posted it...oh well *pats Josh on the back* don't worry, i'm sure it will work out...

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

You're right Tim.
    I appreciate you posting it. It needs to be debated. Seems we here is doing a better job with that then our leaders when they have theire debates about peace and stuff

14. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

what debates about peace, i mean, sure they say they are but, does any peace actually come from those talks?

15. ManagerJosh

There won't be peace for quite some time now...Just when you thought the world was starting to understand each other...

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I'm afraid you're right both of you.

*sighes*

17. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

the world was starting to understand each other? on what continet? btw, if you go back to Prehistory and look in the general area of iraq and all them...you'll see the've been at war for practily ever

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True.
    *sighes and shekas her head*

19. ManagerJosh

Technically I always thought it was Persia.

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Doesn't really matter who.

The question is : what can mankind do the keep crazy leaders in leash????..

The peace movement at the 60's did have a point after all. (Take away the drugs of course.) Which shows that everything has a backside.

Which back do we want? Which way is the better good for most of the mankind? I'm positive it's now war anyway...

*gives the peacesign and gives out roses*

Love and understanding - not war