How Do I Use SimPE and when do I use it?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 12, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Use SimPE and when do I use it?

Okay, I used some tutorials and I'm able to customize clothes and Sims with Body Shop. But I have recently had a couple 2nd generation Sims turn out rather badly (these being created by the have-a-baby method) and "plastic surgery" seems like the only alternative. After checking forums I keep seeing people talking about correcting Sims AFTER they've been created via SimPE. What is this and is it any good? I would basically like the opinions of some of the experienced people on here (who seem to know what's good and what is not).

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Ahhh trying to remember the old days.

IIRC SimPE is quite a powerful program. If you mess with things you shouldn't be touching with it, it has the power to destroy your saved games.

I can't remember how user friendly it is, and it's probably changed since I last used it. Give it a go and see how it works. I'm sure there's tutorials around for editing your Sims with SimPE and remember to backup your saved games before messing about. That way if something goes wrong you can just restore it and try again.

Good luck! =]

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I save my Sims 2 stuff on flash-drives now, so I would automatically do that. I play so much I guess I should re save every night. Anyway, I'm a little bit scared of SimPE so far. I have a feeling it's not too user friendly, but I know eventually I'll probably try it. Afraid I'll have a tiger by the tail. lol Thanks for the answers, guys :)

5. swmeek

You can always create another user account on your computer and play the game on it and try Simpe on the other account so you don't mess up any critical sim files until you learn the ropes of the program.

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Hmmm, I did not realize that. I live alone so I've always been the only "user" on my pc's. This is a dumb question, but how do I create another user account? (I'm not even sure if I remember my login...I never log out!)

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Open up Control Panel and find User Accounts. There should be an option to make a new account in that.

8. swmeek

A lot of creators back in the Sims 2 day use to do this when they created lots so that way they could have heaps of custom content on their lots they played but when they created a new lot it would custom content free or just what they wanted included.
    This was all pretty much before Numenor created the Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer program.