Useless kitchen hands

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by gyro_kisschasy, Dec 20, 2005.

1. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

Useless kitchen hands

Hey

i bought the sims 2 university yesterday and i played it today. I move some people into a dorm and stuff. Then two workers dressed in an apron and hat came and stood in my kitchen. Now im new at the sims 2 university, so are tehy supposed to cook meals or what? because all they did was clean up used bowls and plates. Their pretty lousy workers, can i hire new ones? whats the deal :confused:

Thanks
    Gyro_kisschasy
    xxx

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Yes, they are supposed to be there. Did you play for a whole sim-day? I think they make the meals at set times. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Unfortunatly I don't know the times.

To your other question, no. I don't believe you can hire new workers.

Hope this gave you some elightenment.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

You shouldn't have two cooks in the dorm. You need to upload the patch from the official site, www.thesims2.com and that will be fixed. If you have 2 cooks, they get in each other's way instead of cooking, and so when they have a "path failure" (like when they can't get to the fridge to get out something to cook, but the other cook is standing there, so they wave their arms with the "blocked path" speech bubble over their heads) they will give up on cooking and just clean or stand there looking dumb hoping someone will talk to them or tip them. ;)

4. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

no i think i am meant to have two cooks because i have two fridges, so they station themsleves at each fridge. But they dont cook at all at set times, i did play for a whole sims day and they just stood there, i occasionaly influenced them to clean but without my prompting they did nothing.

Gyro_kisschasy
    xxx

5. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Do you have the right stove (can't remember the name, it came with Uni, stands on legs), and one for each cook/fridge?

6. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I think it's the Flamebay Gas Range (might not be exact name tho, but it's along those lines anyway:( p try selling one of the fridges and see if that helps.

7. ozoinka

ozoinka New Member

More useless cooks

Hi, I had a similar problem. Once you've checked the stove and fridges, as suggested above, check that the counters are "kitchen islands". They have a slight over hang on one side. I remodelled my kitchen and replaced the Islands with "surfaces" and my cook stopped cooking. As soon as I returned the Islands the cooking began.

Check in the buy mode under counters they all look similar but the one you're after is called the catamaran kitchen island. The others have "surface" in their title.

Good luck! :eek:

8. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Ah, yes, I forgot about the islands. I think you need one regular counter for a prep surface, but the cooks will only serve food on islands. And they will only serve as many plates as there are sections of island, so for bigger dorms, make sure you have enough island sections that you won't run out of food faster than the cook can make more...

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Just as another afterthought ... TWO fridges? Is this a custom built dorm? Delete a fridge. Use moveobjects to delete both cooks and save and exit then reload. Should be OK now so long as there are a few island counters and a Shiny Thyme cooker.