News Wall Street Journal – The Sims 3 Create-A-World Tool hits ‘this week’

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Wall Street Journal – The Sims 3 Create-A-World Tool hits ‘this week’

To extend that kind of creativity in the game, Electronic Arts is releasing “Create a World Tool” in beta version to the Sims community this week.

“Our broad philosophy has been we want players to have as much control as possible,” says Rod Humble, head of EA’s Play label, whom I wrote about this spring. He pointed to the “Kevin and Alice” storytelling experiment as an example Sims players’ creative dispositions. English student Robin Burkinshaw created two characters in “the Sims,” a homeless father and daughter, and observed their behavior in the world. “From our perspective, that’s a story about an aritst who happened to be telling a story with our tools,” Humble says.

I’m not sure who to believe anymore…It was said to be released on the 10th – nope…then the 15th – nada…now its sometime this week.* The stuff is in place – worlds listing is in the exchange, agreement to usage checkmark is on the CAW download page, forum is created (just not accessible to many).* But are we to believe what Rod Humble says?* Who knows…I just hope it is released when I’m at home and not at work [​IMG]

Share and Enjoy:

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]