Want and Fear the same

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Cheza920, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Cheza920

Cheza920 New Member

Want and Fear the same

Ok my sim wants to have a baby, but she fears to have a baby as well. (scratches head) :confused:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

oh those random wants and fears.... do you suppose that this is one of those bugs, Josh wants us to track?

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Nope. My sims get that one all the time, especially if they've already got kids.

I'd say it's pretty normal. Having a kid is a scary/happy proposition.

4. surprised_by_witches

But here are two wants I've gotten that I know are buggy. Josh, is this the kind of thing we should track?

1. Porter Kane wants to be friends with himself. He had that want for quite a long time.

2. Heather Huffington wants her daughter to get a scholarship. Hello? Her daughter graduated from college and has a baby of her own now.

5. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

My Family Sims, when they're approaching old age, have those want/fear baby coincidences. Mr. Smith in my neighborhood is starting to get that. His wife's a Romance Sim, so she always fears having a baby. It doesn't matter at this point because she reached permaplat the other day. :eek:

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

This is actually pretty normal even in real life. Conflicting wants and fears are not uncommon.

Sometimes once they get closer to actually having the baby, the fear drops out.

7. surprised_by_witches

And sometimes it doesn't. But the want still gives you more points than the fear costs you. You just have a smaller net total.

8. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

9. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I've also had the "My sim wants to be friends with himself" want. Hmm. Not sure how you get that one... =P

10. Dee

Dee New Member

My sim had a fear to hate himself. One of my elder has two wants the same (have a baby) and his other two are have grandchild and have anniversary party. His wife is an adult. Weird double wanting guy. Gar.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL That's a new one. I'd also love to know how a sim could end up hating themselves.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

This is not on the same level as a sim being afraid to hate himself, for sure, but when I had skeletons fighting Errol in the I,Sim story Errol had a repeated desire to see his enemy, the skeleton Kodran, as a ghost. :p It always made me laugh. Wish I'd taken a screen shot of it.

(Of course, what made me laugh the loudest was the modesty blur around the skeleton when he took a shower.)