Troubleshooting Wants me to use disk from another pack?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 9, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Wants me to use disk from another pack?

I already have Sims 2 Holiday Edition, then added Seasons, Free Time and Garden and Mansions. I finally got the nerve to try Bon Voyage. I copied my files to a safe place, installed the BV Expansion Pack. All seemed to be well. The installation had me install Disk 1 at the end. So I used the Bon Voyage icon to go in. I assume that is right--it's what I've done with every other Expansion pack (Recently I was going in under the G&M) always using the last expansion to enter the game. But it brought up the launcher, and when I clicked on it a message came up saying I had the wrong disk and that I needed to put in the M&G disk. So I'm afraid to do that because that can't be right, can it? I thought I HAD to now use the BV icon. Why would I still go in under Mansion and Gardens? Please help!

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

The way it works is the most recent expansion (by release date) you have is the one that is used. Mansions and gardens is the most recent one EA released, thus they use that disk.

HIH :biggrin:

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Aha! I was only thinking they had to be in the order I myself installed them, not about the order of when the pack came out. It seems to be working fine now, thanks, Nyx! :D