Wedding Dress Shopping Report!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Wedding Dress Shopping Report!

Wow...wedding dress shopping is so much fun! I had a blast! We were in the shop for about 2 1/2 hours and I of course fell in love with the first dress I tried on...but *sigh* it's out of my price range! $1095 *gulp*...but I did find it online for $660.00, so that might be doable...although it is still more than we wanted to spend.

And I tried on the dress mentioned before and with the coat it is amazing! So beautiful and completely perfect for a January wedding...without the coat...eh. Nothing special. So I don't think I'll be going for that one.

I do have it down to a style for sure: Halter top, Ivory not white, longer train, details details details, and I love the corset backs (not a must).

Time to think about it and reflect I guess! We don't have any more appointments scheduled now until April 13th, where we are doing a marathon day of shopping. At least 3 stores...proabably 2 hours at each. That will be a fun day!

Here are two I fell in love with. (the shop wouldn't let me take pictures unless I had 1/2 down on the dress I wanted a picture of!)

The first two are of my dream dress that I couldn't stop smiling while I was wearing. It is a Private Label by G, Signature collection #1245. $1095 in store, $660 online.

The next three pictures are of one I liked, my mom liked it the best. The pictures don't do it justice, the detail on the train takes your breath away. I'm not quite crazy about the straps, but otherwise I loved it. Mori Lee #2133 $758.00 in store...found online for $600.00; probably can get a quote for even cheaper through another place online.

Attached Files:

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Those dresses look stunning Shana! :D

How exciting it must have been to try them on. Shame that you couldn't get pics of them while they were on - all the more reason though for us to look forward to your actual wedding photos. :)

I have to say that they are both beautiful, but I prefer the first one. :)

3. jupitershana

Me too! It's just the price...*gulp*

*leaves and starts wandering around outside asking for donations for her wedding dress*

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Gorgeous dresses! Love them both, but I think I like the second one a bit better. Either way, you can't go wrong! And how much fun will your April 13th Shopping Extravaganza be??? Nothing like being a bride-to-be for feeling like a princess!

Ah well...maybe some day...(Anyone know of any single, personable, semi-geek types who like to read, watch movies and travel, and who wouldn't mind if their significant other spent time and money on shiny techy toys??? Oh yeah - they are already taken, more's the pity! :rolleyes: )

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

/me points to the Joshster. :D

*duck n run*

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Hugz.

Such beautiful dresses, Shana! Almost, but not quite, wishing I were young again. ;)

7. jupitershana

Whoo hoo!!!! Just got a quote back from http:www.netbride.com for my dream dress (the first two pictures) $553.00!!!!!! Half the price! Is that amazing or what!?! (or is it just sad that bridal stores upcharge that much!!!)

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Now if you can only find that dress in California :p Then you could pay 75% cheaper :p

9. jupitershana

How do you figure that? Something about California prices that I'm not aware of???

We already don't pay any tax on clothing in Minnesota which is nice.

10. Ali_Chi

Ali_Chi New Member

Oh! (I'm such a sucker for dresses:p) Both of them are so beautiful!
    I'm glad you found it at a better price, its amazing what some shopping around can get you (too bad a never have the patience to do it though :rolleyes:)

11. jupitershana

Hey thanks Ali_Chi. Since this one was such an old thread you should check out my more recent update thread about the wedding dress! :D

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=12691

12. rinarina99

rinarina99 New Member

that was beautiful wedding dress...
    i wish i could keep my wedding dress..