What Are Your Simming Aims For 2008?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hugzncuddles, Jan 4, 2008.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

What Are Your Simming Aims For 2008?

So, the title says it all - what's in store for you and your simmies this year?

* Any particular focuses, such as landscaping, challenges (e.g. Legacy), new gameplay (such as trying out some features you don't yet use, like ghosts, vampires etc), new neighbourhoods, more downloads (and what type do you need/want)?

* Any plans to update your own skills in terms of new building techniques (basements/ split level homes etc), video-making, storywriting?

* Planning to make your own custom content? If so, any particular kind or a mixture? (eg recolours or new meshes, any particular categories?)

I'm making this a sticky thread for the time being and would love to hear your replies! :D

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I plan on writing lots of sim stories this year, and getting better at taking pictures in the sims (I'm slowly getting better, people!) for my stories. I'd like to become a better builder, but I just don't have the patients to start building a house from scratch. :rolleyes:

What are your plans, Hugz?

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Glad to hear you're writing more stories, muffin. :) Storywriting has never been a strong point of mine - I have limited imagination. :eek: I think I'll leave that to the truly talented members. ;) Screenshots are so important for stories and we know already how talented some members are with their screenshots. I guess it's about having patience to set up a scene with decor/ furniture and then with the sims themselves in whatever situation you want them. All too often I just take snapshots on the spur of the moment and then wish I had done it at another angle or something, but then it's too late.

I mentioned in another thread how I always built for functionality (and in the beginning, for budget too as I don't use money cheats - it makes it more of a challenge). Mostly, I end up using the same house layout but with different decor, and it's time now to break the mould and experiment. Whilst I'm very happy with the houses I use, I want to try more variety - stairs for example instead of single storey homes, and different colour schemes (I tend to go for light colours, pastels and so on rather than woods or deeper colours).

Landscaping is something I've always wished I could do better, but I'm not that imaginative. :eek: I have no experience of raising or lowering the terrain level in a garden - I usually just dot some plants and shrubs around and that's all. I will make the effort though this year, especially as I now have lots of nice outdoor stuff added to my game just waiting to be placed. :)

From a gameplay perspective, there is still a ton of stuff that I haven't even experienced as it never really interested me, such as vampires/aliens ghosts/deaths and so on. (Probably never will do the ghost/death thing - gotta love Elixir of Life, lol. I've also never used cheat codes and never will.) Also, even though I bought Pets when it was released well over a year ago, I've still never bought a pet or done the fun stuff like training a pet. Another thing I only did today for the first time, and didn't realise until I did it - in CAS, I checked out the toddler/ child/ teenager clothes and genetics. My sims below adult age have always been created via pregnancy in the game, so it was nice to see the clothing options/ different child faces in CAS and so on. Also, I tend to give my sims very similar personalities and only use 2 aspiration choices - it would be interesting to experiment with those. I might go through an EP's new features, for example, in Nightlife I could visit many or all of the Downtown lots rather than taking them sims to the same 2 lots, and in OFB I could try a home business instead of always making them in the community, or maybe try different types of businesses (including restaurant or salon) rather than retail stores all the time.

Last year I did try making some simple recolours of clothing, though I gave up pretty quickly as I didn't have the patience to work at it. I only have PSP8 and never bothered to learn how to use it properly. :p If the mood strikes, I might try again but only with Photoshop if I can find a good price online for it. :p Other than that, I'm just thankful for all the talented custom content creators out there who have added so much to my game to make it more enjoyable. Thinking about it, my best chance at making something worthy of an upload for others would be a house/lot. I know I can make them functional and easy to navigate in terms of layouts. Now I just need to work on the landscaping.

Eeek, I'm waffling. :p You did ask, lol.

4. Niv

Niv New Member

Once I finally get it working (which I will dammit) I plan to rebuild my neighborhood that get erased before. It may take a couple of months, or longer depending on my homework but it will be worth it. Maybe get my sims more friends, get a network happening ;)

5. Millsim

Millsim New Member

Raise my general skill game wise. (Houses, neighbourhoods etc) Try and translate my love of writing to sim-type format and possibly post on the forum more than once a year! he he

6. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

To get a sim to the top of their career and raise a family as well.
    To raise a second family without using the insiminator :)
    To expand to a second storey :)

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm not really sure what direction my Simmies and I will go this year. I haven't been as attentive to my Sims as I have in the past. That's actually a good thing. . . my dishes and laundry are done, my husband doesn't growl at me when he hears the Sims launch music, and I am loosing a little weight. LOL I am anxious to see how the Free Time EP effects my Sims, and what lies ahead for them until TS3 is launched.

8. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

Well, first of all I'd like to be able to play again! My computer is really messed up and crashes when opening any game. :cry:

I had started this legacy and I was having a lot of fun with it, so if I ever get it fixed that's what I'll be playing!

9. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Me? I plan to continue writing...and, of course, playing so that I have something to write about!

I also plan on starting a business or two. Here I've had Open for Business for almost a year, and I have yet to have any of my sims start one! So that's my big goal in 2008 - a successful home-based business!

10. mizzouHHR

mizzouHHR New Member

I just got my game for Christmas, so I'm still learning, and very much at the beginning of simming. So far I have created one sim, and he is doing very well. My goal for him is to reach his goal, which is to become a master chef. He is on the right carrer track, so it's only (hopefully) a matter of time. He is a very good cook (lots of cooking skill points) and even reads about cooking to help. Now if I can just get promoted from the drive-in job he now has.

11. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Congratulations and welcome to the community! Before you know it you will have all of the expansions and will be giving out advice to others. Just keep working on his skills and relationships to help him on down the road. Also try to make sure he's in a good mood when he goes to work each day. One of my sims recently got fired from her job because she came to work in a bad mood. They said it was because of "poor job performance". I guess she yelled at the wrong kid or something because she was a high school teacher at the time. LOL

Ruthie

12. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

My simming goals are to get the game running properly on my new comp for starters!
    Then I want to get my own neighbourhood going, and get at least 1 sim to graduate from uni!
    x

13. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

I have a few main goals:
    1. Get a male adult sim from my favourite neighbourood abducted, so I can breed aliens:alien:.
    2. Build up a decent family tree without using cheats at all.
    3. Develop stories and sim bios in more detail.
    4. See a sim through from birth to death without getting bored of them and making a new family instead.:rolleyes: (I still can't believe I haven't done this one yet - I guess I've got quite a short attention span:p)
    5. Have a sim go through adult AND elder stages without ever cheating on their partner :hearts:( it's just TOO easy)

14. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

my aim is to actually read the sims 2 prima official guide boxset books that i got (i have almost finished reading the first one and learnt so much stuff but then forgot it :( )

and also to start building some houses

and do stuff i never do

like murder my sims.........

15. cariadbach

cariadbach New Member

I have just started to recoulour and do a few very basic creations. My aim is to try and master PSP and stop pulling my hair out:D

16. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I think I'm going to add my own university. I usually just play the one that looks like it would go with Pleasantview.

Ruth

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

at this point I'm just trying to get my computer to run sims again. It is balking once I try to open a neighborhood. and also can't run simcity and it used to run no problem.

18. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

my goals for this year and next are:
    1. stop Murdering all my sims and all the NPC's ( before i see them through to the end)
    2. finish what i start ( i like to quit before things go bad and my sims are left in limbo)
    3. Write more and add pics to any story i create and this time make it sim related ( i forgot last time)
    4. stop being angry with sims ( i need to stop blaming sims for misfortune and blame it all on me or my crazy computer)
    5. never stop loving sims!!!!!

19. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

My goal is to have 5 generations in one family tree. The most I have ever gotten is 3.

20. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

most i have gotten is about 4 (due to changing computers so much)