What do you do with your sims???

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by snoopy, Dec 16, 2005.

1. snoopy

snoopy New Member

What do you do with your sims???

Im just curious and want to know what other people do with their sims? Do you keep all the family under one roof eg mum, dad, kids and grandparents? or do they go out on their own? What other sort of things do you do with your sims?

2. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I just basically get them a couple of partners, give them better houses, and try to make a story happen.

Yeah well, I did say basically. :D

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've gone through a lot of different cycles. In my first town I made the mistake of having too many playable sims, and I got bored with most of them. I did have one family I really liked, but it got unwieldy when I let the oldest daughter, a family sim, have 10 kids. They were 10 adorable kids, but sheesh. I never did graduate them from college (didn't have NL yet).

So I started a second town, and once more made too many characters, though certainly less than before. I wanted to have family trees. I had one sim whose entire family lived with her, to answer your question, another set of triplets who I planned to have live together their entire lives (I created them as triplets in CAS, BTW). Other sims lived on their own, or with just their spouse and/or kids, no extended family.

In that town my goal was to make a twisted family tree, and boy was it. I had stepsons marrying their stepmothers and single men fathering kids in several different households so everyone had siblings, cousins and distaff relatives all over the place. If the town had lasted I would have had to marry them off to NPCs or new characters in the next gen because everyone was related after three generations ...

Then my computer crashed and everyone died. Boo hoo ... all gone.

So, I started Porta de Luca with one sim, Lola Phoenix. Right now nearly everyone lives in their own separate houses unless of course they're still kids. Unfortunately that means I've got several households to manage, which can be a bit of a drag. I tried having a grandchild move in with her grandparents, but it just wasn't working out.

So I guess it's round robin for now. ;)

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I did the same thing SBW did. I made too many sims in CAS, started stories with them, got bored with them, and then went on to the next families. This time, I have only played my favorite sims, so I have about 10 families. I did use some hacks to weed out some of the townies and dormies, and then made some CAS sims townies, so that I would have a more attractive, more interesting gene pool for my 10 sims. I haven't killed off any downtownies yet, because they are a little more attractive and interesting, so far.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

(Boy, this site is being a REAL pain today. I typed out a post and got sent to that white no-such-place page)

Simple answer: I prefer the "just starting out" phase so I move everyone to college or into their own houses as soon as possible. I have tons of families I never play in all stages of life roaming the various neighborhoods like townies.

6. wolfiepage

wolfiepage Sims Complete Colection

Thanks for all of the help

Howls to all, Wanted to pop and and tell everyone thank you so much for all great sugestions. I started out with my first sims on my cell. But have moved to the PC with the "The Sims Complete Colection". Learning my way around with your help. ;) Think I will try diferent neighborhoods like was sugested. Spent most of the night last nite downloading some very cool creations in to game. Not sure how to do the neighborhood downloads tho, but will keep on reading. There is a lot of help out here on these boards..:D Looking forward to catching you.. Howls Wolfpage :bandit:

7. n wright 275

n wright 275 New Member

8. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

I'm gonna be a pain... When people talked about CAS (Create-A-Sim) I thought it was at the beginning where you make families, but someone (edit: Kristalrose) was talking about making cute townies... What are you talking about??? That would be pretty awesome, custom townies... Do you download this program or something? Thankyou :)

9. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I usually play on one of my custom neighbourhoods, where I made about three families, and started stories with them. I slowly moved a couple of other families in and only ever do so when a next generation arrives because I don't want them all marrying someone who could be remotely related to them. =/