What do You Miss From Your EP's?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

What do You Miss From Your EP's?

I love The Sims 2, but there are some things from the EP's that I miss and hope they come soon on new TS2 EP's.

I miss the gardening. I used to love to have farmer sims, or to play historical sims that kept gardens.

I miss having resturaunts, bars, and discos. I miss the adventure of dating and making out in a booth, when you never knew when a jilted lover was going to come up to you and knock you silly and make your date cry.

I miss having pets, though I do not miss the guneia pig, who wiped out an entire family with his disease before I understood what was happening. :(

I miss Jeeve the Butler.

I miss having the option of downloading custom floors, walls, and objects.

I really, really miss my magic mirror and my super-computer! :lick:

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I really miss the downtown area with the resturaunts and bars. The community lots on this one just lack something I think. There is not enough variety in the objects to build yet. Hopefully someday.....

3. ihavenoskin

ihavenoskin New Member

I miss missing stuff

I miss my mummy and my granny

4. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I'm like you kristalrose, downloading was a major hobby! lol I adored landscaping and I loved farming. I miss the variety. I loved that each time I played I could choose between playing a family in a medieval time warp, one that lived posh and priveleged, my farming community, my more adult themed or the magical. My game play was directed by only my mood for the day. I think I'm ready to go back to sim1 for a time. The beauty of the sims is that almost everyone could find something they enjoyed. The aspects I enjoy the most aren't available for sims2 yet. I may just print off all of JMP's helpful posts that provides a wonderful game guide and box this away for a time.

5. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Of all the expansion packs that I miss, I really and truly miss Unleashed the most.

Think of the possibilities...w/ the aging engine of Sims 2, you can actually SEE kittens and puppies grow up into cats and dogs...and you can see them grow gray and elderly...and you can see them die (and see them get run over by the carpool ;)). You can actually have a little adoption box in your front yard and let your neighbors adopt your litter of puppies and kitties. Your dogs and cats could actually ASPIRE to be show pets or breeders or tom cats.

The gardening prospect is something that I miss as well. Instead of paying $450 for a grocery order to fill your fridge, you can just go out and pick your veggie garden. And it'd all be free...-_-' More variety of stuff to grow would be awesome as well---not just tomatos, lettuce, carrots, and green beans (and berry and grape vines in Makin' Magic).

I miss the variety of the community lots. If I could actually put in bathroom stalls in the goddamn department store, I'd die happy. :mad: And I miss restaurants---there's no place to eat! :|

Anyway...that's what I mainly miss.

6. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I do miss downloading all the objects, that was one of my favourite passtimes. The user made content was so amazing! But most of all I miss the pets. I had quite a few catteries and kennels spotted around my neighbourhoods and I loved training and showing them. I hope pets are one of the first eps they bring out.

Cass. :bunny:

7. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I miss downloading objects, wallpapers, and floors. I miss my dance floor. I used to use them a lot. I'm just ready for any ep packs. I need more objects badly. I need more fun things to play and do during the game. I love ts2 but at times it gets boring.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm going to start by saying I love TS2 and won't go back to TS1 unless I'm on vacation with only my laptop (which can only play TS1.)

But I do miss several things:
    Restaurants
    Being able to buy gifts for people
    Being able to build sandcastles and snowmen
    Cats
    Gardens (both the Unleashed and Makin' Magic ones)
    Food kiosks (especially the sushi, juice bar and goulash)
    Home business things (from the garden, but especially all of the craft ones from Makin' Magic. However, I'm glad that they improved the painting one and added the novel writing! Those are a big improvement over TS1)
    The kitchen stuff from Makin' Magic (the special oven and the beautiful Mediterranean set with all the matching stuff.)
    The wide variety of flooring, wall coverings and roofs (from the EPs *and* from the downloaded ones made with Homecrafter)

I also miss being able to download furniture (especially ones made specifically to match.)
    And of course the added variety in clothes meshes (although thanks to Body Shop, even that isn't as constrained for me as it was in TS1. If I can't find clothes to download I can also make my own, which I couldn't for TS1.)

I'm glad that Maxis is already working on a Homecrafter-like tool and an object making tool.

I have confidence that a lot of the things we miss from the TS1 EPs will eventually show up in the TS2 EPs.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'm looking forward to some sort of Homecrafter tool as well. As for EP features ... the only really important one that is missing is a dining option for community lots.

Objects I'd like to see in early EPs include more musical instruments eg: guitar, drums, sax ... anyone wanna form a band? ;).

I never liked the old dance floor much ... TS1 sims didn't get much fun out of dancing. TS2 sims seem to love dancing more than just about anything!

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I have a farmer sim keeping an orchard of money trees.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen. Is that anything like a Romance sim getting busted?

The Guinea pig was totally harmless compared to the diseases in TS2, which will not only risk wiping out your entire family, but will wipe out your ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD and will pretty much NEVER GO AWAY once a townie catches it!

All in good time. I'm not entirely sure why walls and floors aren't cracked yet, though, it seems like it should be fairly simple, as it appears to be just a texture with maybe a few sound properties....

I never saw the attraction in super hacked objects. We do have the energizer in TS2, though, that's pretty close to the same function as the mirror, except it has drawbacks.

I don't see any proof of this. There are *RUMORS* that Maxis is doing so, but there is no PROOF. I demand proof before I will believe any of their propaganda. Maxis has an extensive record of lies and propaganda.

There never *WAS* an object-making tool for TS1, so I don't see any reason why such a thing would occur in TS2, unless it is made by hackers.

I do not share your faith here. What better way to convince people to keep buying them than to keep them believing that what they seek will show up in the next expansion pack? No, I suspect that we will never see most of what was in TS1 again.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yes. On TS1, If a sim is downtown or in old town with a date, and starts hugging or kissing them ,there was always a chance that the SO would be somewhere on the lot. I've sent a wife off to work, call a mistress and ask her out on a date, and then go to a dance club downtown and the wife shows up, sees them kissing, then, just like in TS2, she comes up and slaps the mistress. (I have always wondered why the cheater doesn't get slapped, too!:( p

12. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

All I'm hoping for in a TS2 expansion pack is the pet thing. -_-'

13. J. M. Pescado

Hmm, never tried that in TS1. With all of 10 or so families available, and no Romance sims, there just wasn't any incentive to do it.

My guess would be that the slap action is queued, but times out?

14. KatAnubis

The hard part is putting it into a form that the game recognizes and which doesn't crash the game. From what I understand, people have figured out how to look inside a .package file, but not how to make one.

15. kristygal

kristygal New Member

It's been so long since I played the original so I can't remember if this is on an EP but I miss the robot maid. Between that & the daily maid my houses were always clean.

16. KatAnubis

Servo is who I believe you are thinking. I miss Servo and they have said that they don't believe they'll bring him back. I especially loved having the butler/Servo combination. I always preferred that to the maid who didn't completely clean. (She had to wait until the plates were fly-ridden before she'd pick them up. Yuck!)

17. Nellie

Nellie New Member

I've noticed that one. Not sure if you can give it to other sims, but you can make medicine with the Researcher/scientist career toy thing (and virus, but I haven't figured out how to do anything with it yet). That combined with the Cooks candy maker does just about make a cottage industry possible ($82 per batch of medicine, $4 a box of candy).

I don't see that necessarily as a bad thing. Granted I would like to see the community lots including bars/restaurants a la Living it up? But some of the expansion kits for the original wouldn't bother me if they never showed up again. On the face of it, they have a vastly improved engine underneath all the eye candy on TS2 to expand on, I'll be interested to see what direction they go in.

18. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

I miss Superstar the most. The obsessed fan was one of the most comical elements ever thrown into the original Sims game. I honestly think that the basics of some of the expansions really should have been included in TS2, especially pets and bars/restaraunts/nightclubs. My sims need more to do!

19. J. M. Pescado

If a Sim is sick, he can take the medicine, but you can't actually force a Sim to use it, and it doesn't instantly cure him, it simply accelerates the process. Since townies are timeless, trying to shorten infinity has no effect.

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well I, for one don't miss all the downloading. I never did a lot of it cos it was mostly pointless ... after a while everything just starts to look the same anyway. The reason I would give as to why TS2 is massively more engrossing than its predecessor ever was is Body Shop. No longer do we have to scatch around in windows folders looking for stuff BS takes the bits you need and packs them up for you ... anyone with a desire to tinker with a paint program can then mess around with the bitmaps, flicking back and forth between Paint and BS to see how it is going.

I can think of 2 main reasons there are still relatively few very good collections of clothes. One, most of us are still too busy playing the game and second ... the level of detail that emerges on close zooming means that any really new clothing will need some pretty talented work with the bump maps if they are not to appear flat or lumpy.

I feel pretty confident that the first EP will be very surprising. I have no actual information (obviously!) just a gut feeling that there is so much more that the software can do and isn't ... yet! So I don't really mind if little or no TS1 stuff appears again ... I can't believe that we won't instead see new and different things to add to our sim's homes and also to the community lots.

For example ... how about some kind of "youth club"? Kinda scouting for sims. That would be a neat choice for children ... kids can call taxi to go to club. Maybe something similar for teens??? And what about all those old folks we'll have hanging around by then? Maybe they get to go to the senior citizens lunch club.

Meanwhile ... I still want more musical instruments and the option to form a band ...

Parties would really rock if 3 teens could get it together with a drum kit, bass guitar and keyboard.

And more career paths too ... LOL I'm getting carried away and probably waaaay off topic ... :D