What Do YOU Want?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Flameangel, Nov 10, 2004.

?

What do you want fir the next expansion?

1. Weather/Seasons

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Places to go on a week or so long Vacation

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. More floor/wallpaper

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. building a attic

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. More objects

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

What Do YOU Want?

What do you want most in the next expansion pack?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Obviously, we want *more*. I'm hoping for more objects, meshes (for hair and clothes), wall papers/floor coverings/roofs/etc. I'm also hoping for a tool which lets us make our own wallpapers, floor coverings, etc (like a "BodyShop" for the home.)

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

im hoping they can figure out how to put weather in. one feature ive been dying to have.

4. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Pets.

I want them to have pets.
    Think of the havoc we could wreak with them.
    Bwa ha ha.... :eek:

More wallpapers, floors and certainly more objects would be good though, especially decorative and electronic things.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

More floors and wallpapers!!! I am sick of earth tones!!!

6. aharris

aharris New Member

Actually, I really want my pets back, but more floors, wallpapers would be great too. At least give us the means to create them.

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Pets would be interesting: Would they also age? Could you breed them, now that sims have children, grow old, and die? Wouldn't it fun to see the family trees of your pets? Is animal woohoo an acceptable subject for children to see? They show it on educational TV, after all...

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh bliss ... pets. Yeah. Though I hope that any future sim-pets will have a breeding season ... and that it will possible to keep one's *****es indoors for the duration to avoid unwanted mongrels spoiling the nice pedigree line ...

Even wonderfuller maybe pets could get abducted by aliens as well ... perhaps as a result of urinating on a piece of space junk ...

Has anyone else but moi drawn the comparison between "cloud watching" (and its possible fatal consequence) and the floodlight that falls to ground at the start of The Truman Show movie?

9. Orion

Orion New Member

I want sims to get smarter as they gain skills.
    Example:
    THe higher the cleaning skill the more automaticly they would clean.
    The higher the mechanical skill the more they would automatically fix things based on thier skill.
    The higher the cooking skill, the more they would automatically cook and not just for themselves but for others in the house who are hungry.
    The higher the logic, the more automatically they would fullfill their aspirations, even calling sims over.
    The higher the charisma, the better they become at automatic social interactions without negatives..
    The higher the creativity the more automatically they keep their own stats up.

There are some usual benefits to skills like cooking makes better filling dishes and mechanical so you can fix things and skills in general to get job promotions. I hate that when sims turn old, they get more whinny and can't control thier bladders as well. I want sims to get smarter with age so I can spend time growing the children and not having to watch the elders like they're a bunch of children themselves. I want reason to keep skill gaining till thier dead otherwise I don't bother after they've maxed their careers. There is some use for elders to train their children and grand children on thier career reward things in fact I get quite a collection of career stuff in one house in just a few generations.

We all understand how focused we get on babies and toddlers so we have a need for smart parents and grand parents who can get better and better at taking care of themselves without us having to baby sit them to baby sit the kids.

Yea, I'm whinning myself.

10. PeophinGal

PeophinGal New Member

I would love weather with rain, snow, hail, lighting, thunder, ect. That would be so awesome! And leaves too! Seasons would be cool too! I can just see it now-The Sims 2 Seasons!

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Those are great suggestions Orion. :D
    I'd also like to see schooling doing something vaguely useful for the sims. No wonder most of the poor little mites come home screaming for some fun! They don't actually learn anything at school which seems not just annoying but ... well ... perverse.

Sim kids should gain (and lose) skill points (and even personality and interest points) based on their sim-profile ... a couple of example might be:-
    outgoing playful sims get loads of charisma/creativity, culture/entertainment/sport, activity/outgoing/playful
    shy/serious sims grow in logic/mechanics, science/paranormal, and er ... sloppiness to go with the absentminded professor image ...

Why do I get the feeling that I'm putting my foot in it again? :p

12. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

I was hoping the next patch would be based on having pets in the family because it would be so awesome to watch the doggies running around especially when in sims1 the pets look preety realistic, so I bet in sims2 it will look really really awesome :p

besides that, even if it wasn't a pet expansion, maybe a vacation type would be great. Im preety excited to see how nice the graphics will look and all :D

moreover I hope there will be new objects especially more types of beds for the sims and wardrobes. The wardrobes don't seem to match well with the beds and some beds which looks nice to me have low energy + so o well :p and hopefully more things for sim babies or toddlers because I like having a tot running/crawling around the house but obviously with more baby objects to match rather than having only a crib & changing table. :p

13. J. M. Pescado

Nah, you're doing fine. It's very true that, in an almost perverse mirror of reality, school teaches kids practically nothing. :p

Private school is slightly (but not much) better, as it does SOMETIMES give skillpoints, but even so, the best, most well-off families are nearly always better off homeschooling their children. It's almost like reality that way. :p

It'd be great if school actually raised INTERESTS in things. That would make it useful, since there would then be a compelling reason to actually attend, rather than "for the occasional ASPs and to avoid the SS". Then there'd be a reason to attend without just skewing the childhood game more towards skilling: Increased interests are a good thing, but don't translate quite as overwhelmingly as skillpoints do.

14. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I would like to see the schools tweaked with home schooling an option. Having put children through both private and public systems in rl (and many friends who have home schooled) there are real differences in choosing one type over another. The game should make choosing one form or another have consequences..good and bad. Kids make friends in school, too. They shouldn't have to come home with that as a goal.

Public schools should be free with perhaps the added benefit of friends. Homework should take very little time and no rewards. You should get more negative consequences from teachers and principal. No parental input required. These kids could work after school to keep them occupied. Private schools should have a fee charged frequently but with some skills like logic, charisma, and creativity gained. Homework should be excessive. As in real life, failure to keep up should cause instant dismissal. Excellence should give rewards. Some friends should be gained. Home schoolers should have some expense and requires a "stay-at-home" parent. In lieu of homework they should have to make a big effort to make friends and develop charisma. In my experience, many home schooled children have the time to gain mastery of certain subjects but have inappropriate social skills and are a little obnoxious! lol Parents have to make an effort to find opportunities for these kids to make friends.

I would like the opportunity to max out all interests. They should be a little harder to develop than at present. (Reading a magazine for 10 minutes shouldn't make anyone an expert on anything.) I don't think that in rl learning more about a new subject takes away my interest or knowledge in some other area! lol In TS1, objects were hacked to give you this option. Could a mod be made to override this for TS2? It just seems that as you age you should have more diverse interests and be able to have conversations with a wide variety of people on many topics...if you make an effort. So far, I really never need to buy but one magazine for a family. :(

15. J. M. Pescado

Well, you do get +20/+20 relationship just for bringing them home. That's a start.

Great plan, but not going to happen so late in the developmental phase of the game. Being realistic here, this is unlikely to happen even in an expansion. You'd have to wait until TS3 to have a reasonable shot at seeing this. As it stands right now, you can partly homeschool a child simply by not having him attend simschool every other day or so, and he'll instead pick up skillpoints that catapult him up the career ladder in the future....at the drawback of making few contacts with any other children, since he will not bring them home from school, when he doesn't attend as often. Of course, if your neighborhood lacks any other families with children, you'd be bringing back useless stalker townies anyway, without my townie-respawn-tweaks.

Well, it doesn't make them an expert: It just makes them interested, so they don't become bored when the topic is discussed.

Well, the advantage of a sim being fascinated by everything is that anyone can attempt to start a conversation with him, and it would last until he saw a shiny object, got distracted, and segued into a topic that bored the other sim. This is not really an advantage....

Yes.

That's because having a diverse set of strong interests is actually a DISADVANTAGE for a Sim: Sims that have a large number of power interests will predominantly pick from those interests, and if they're speaking to a sim which shares only one of those, when the topic is derailed, they'll pick another one of those interests, which instantly bores the other sim. As sims don't choose topics intelligently, they're going to repeatedly pick the wrong topic for discussion, often choosing the SAME bad topic over and over with the same sim. Like maxing personalities, maxing all interests is NOT an advantage.

16. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I want weather. I was so excited that there might be weather in this and then it was said no an i was real sad

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I must be bored tonight. I just hit Freezepop's site and downloaded a few mp3s ... they'll make some welcome additions to my teen sim's parties ... :D

18. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

hehe but freezepop's good so its cool lol ^.^