What Do You While The Game Is Loading?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Jul 14, 2006.

?

What do you do while the game is loading?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. Drum fingers/tap feet/act generally impatient

16.1%
  2. Collect drinks and snacks from fridge

29.0%
  3. Phone all your friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yack on MSN or in a chat room

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Exchange text messages with friends

3.2%
  6. Go downstairs, have dinner, watch some TV etc.

9.7%
  7. Take a bath

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Take dog for a pee

3.2%
  9. Do some housework, homework, catch up on reading etc.

12.9%
  10. None of these ... (specify - especially if utterly gross :p)

25.8%
  1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

What Do You While The Game Is Loading?

I make bread :rolleyes:

2. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I either take a br b, watch TV, or crochet. ;)

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I checked "drum fingers and act impatient" although what I usually do is take myself (I don't have a dog) for a pee. :eek:

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I checked 'None of these'...maybe it's just because I have basically no downloads, but my game loads in a few seconds. Yeah, I'm going to brag about the almost empty state of my downloads folder all the time. :D

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I checked housework. That is usually the time I load the dishwasher and fold a load of laundry so that Hubby doesn't accuse me of doing "nothing but playing that stupid game" all day! ;)

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I normally grab something to eat/drink, or stick dinner in the oven.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

:rotfl:

You and I must have the same computer, Mirelly. Good graphics card, slooooowwww processor, enough downloads to sink the Titanic (again).

I watch TV. The TV's right there. How lame is that? :eek:

8. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

It isn't that lame...my TV's right there too. :eek:

9. mac

mac New Member

Book and Kitty

I often read - I usually have a book or magazine handy. There is also my kitty, who is 17, loves attention, and sits on a loveseat in our computer room. That kitty gets (and appreciates) a lot of love! :p

10. simscrazy247

simscrazy247 New Member

I wait about 30 seconds. It don't take long at all. If it does I watch the T.V for a bit.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm with Chezy and SBW. My tv is right behind my computer, and I watch a lot of TV while playing TS2.

12. djslippyman

djslippyman New Member

scroll lock twice and up. if i got my other computer on that is. :D

2 computers and one monitor means i can move back and forth on the fly. otherwise its time to get a beverage. :(

13. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I have to load the game so rarely, that I can't remember what I do while it's loading...Probably play TETRIS or something on my Gameboy...(Yes - I know - Total geek!)

I can't remember who it was, but someone on this forum once posted the tip that once the game was up and running, you could eject the disc, since the game only needs it to verify you have authorized copy.

The second tip someone posted was that you could press the Apple Key and "H" to pause and hide The Sims (Sorry, I don't know what the Windows equivalent would be...)

So now, instead of quitting every time I'm done playing, I just hide the game. When I want to play again, instant access to where I last left off playing! How cool is that?:D

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I was feeling all froody until I read Sacha's shameless Mac plug. Now I am all de-froodified :(

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

LOL Mirelly, I can't tell if I've been slammed or complimented!

Either way, I have to get my licks in where I can, as on the gaming front, they are few and far between...(Many fewer Games for Mac...Having to wait FOREVER for the few Mac games there are to ported over...gnashing my teeth in envy everytime a cool new expansion pack comes out, and I have to live vicariously through reading all of you Windows Player's posts...Not being able to easily upgrade my graphics card since I can't afford a PowerMac...)

So I hope I haven't offended anyone by shamelessly plugging the small advantage I DO have!:eek:

16. surprised_by_witches

Color me not offended. I agree the Mac is a superior machine but even my brother, the die-hard Mac-o-phile, plays his games on a PC.

I can't leave the game running. I live in a 100-year-old house with wonky electricity. I could zap all my sims if the transformer blew. Of course that could happen while I'm playing too, but while I'm not I turn the whole thing off, and shut off the power bar.

I'm not paranoid. It happens at least twice a summer. Loud Kabooom, house goes dead.

Need to get that jump drive ... la la la la

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... it pays to have a really huge vocabulary when I get going ... :rolleyes:

froody and if that doesn't clarify the issue then, to put it simplificated, it meant that your Mac-Antics had made me jealous ... D

While I'm on the subject (of made up words) and hijacking in an off-topic kind of way (my own) thread I thought I would explain Hyrrh from Pennfield. Pennfield has a church to bury the deaders in and it needed a non-denominational name. My first idea was based on the religion founded by the people in a Larry Niven/[SIZE=-1]Jerry Pournelle novel: The Mote In God's Eye. The religion called itself The Church of Him. It seemed like a good sort of name, and being utterly egocentric I decided to name the Pennfield's temple of the dead: The Church of Her ... meaning moi :praise:

Later on the megalomani wore off and I chose a homophonic sort of name that seems to bear some sort of religiosity ... hence Hyrrh

I don't know if the Church of Hyrrh uses a censer ... or if Hyrrh is burned in it ... maybe they burn dishonest perfume instead :rolleyes: ;)
    [/SIZE]

18. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

My flashy new comp has bells and whistles that load things in like 10 seconds :D.

Not boasting or anything.

Run a bith? Good God! The council fitted a new boiler and ever since you can't have a decently heated bath without heating the kettle. Just like in the Victorian era.

Brought back some memories for my mother, did that.

19. surprised_by_witches

Yeah! You're back!

You were gone, right? It sure seemed like it.

20. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I'm trying my best to be back - I've missed you all so much! Why is this forum so full now? There are too many threads for me to get through!!!