What gender babies do you have more of?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fuzzy_ferret_luver, Jun 11, 2007.

1. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

What gender babies do you have more of?

In my Sims2 game, I seem to rarely get boy babies! They are usually always girls!!

But I've also heard the opposite.

So, do you have more girls, more boys, or about the same?

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

It's about the same for me but it depends on what family it is really. I once had a family and five of the family members were boys :eek: (not counting dad)! Mum got her baby girl in the end though. :rolleyes:

3. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

My families produce mostly girls. 3girls 1boy.
    But as muffin said it depends on family.
    Its like that in real life.lol.
    In real life it depends on tempreture. I wonder if its the same for sims.lol

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Boys. Mostly boys, but my twins are almost always boy-girl. My boy-girl ratio is about 5 to 3. Doesn't matter which hood I play.

I have seven boys and one girl in a dorm right now. I call her Lucky Jenny. :p

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

It depends on the neighbourhood for me. The most recent neighbourhood has mostly girls - one family had a girl, then twin girls TWICE in a row (twins cheat not used). Other families in that 'hood have had girls first, and only one or two boys.

6. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I think usually girls, for me.
    Which gender do you prefer to get?
    (and it's OK not to say "I don't mind as long as it's healthy" :D )

7. surprised_by_witches

I like girls. Their clothes are cuter. :eek:

8. CocoChan

CocoChan New Member

I'm running a sort of genetic-dynasty experiment in a village I made, populated by 34 households who are all getting married and having kids.

We're still getting started, but so far the count (among 7 or so families) is 12 boys and 5 girls!

ccc

9. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I prefer girls too, no real reason other than that I find it easier to think of girl names than boy names! :eek:

10. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

It's about even for me, but like others have said...it depends on the family. I've had families with mostly girls and families with mostly boys.

As to which I prefer? Hmmm...depends really. Usually girls, they're more fun to make look pretty etc... but if all I've had is girls in a family it's nice to get a boy. :D But sadly they don't have great clothes or hair like the girls.

Cass.

11. vankate

vankate New Member

gender bender

BOYS. lol. Boys, boys and more boys!

If I get a girl nowadays I get excited. Last family, two boys. Before that, three boys, one girl. Twins are usually boy-boy, once in awhile boy-girl.

I only ever in the YEARS I've been playing sims got one set of girl-girl twins. And that was recently and I posted pics in on one of the forums in excitement. *grins*

(And due to custom hair, they turned out bald into childhood until I finally gave the poor dears some hair... )

I love boys and all, but I like when I get a girl, just cause it's harder for me to do. :)

I tend to create a lot of girl adults though, so maybe it's just trying to balance out the neighborhood?

12. muffin-tacos

Hmm, let me think... I like both but I think I'd choose girls in the end. I like their hair, their clothes and it's easy to come up with names for them, but it's easy to come up with names for boys too, so that's just a bad excuse. :winks: :silly:

But I think that it mainly depends on the family.

13. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Lets face it...girls are better looking and more interesting. Hahahahaha! ;)

Cass.

14. muffin-tacos

Hah, nicely said, Cass. :winks:

15. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I get an equal number of each. But then, I exit out without saving if the baby isn't the gender which is needed to keep the genders equal in number.

It's purely random though. People feel like it has more of one or another because they're just operating in a different part of the bell curve for a while.

16. surprised_by_witches

Yeah, maybe, but my bell's been curved to boys for three years, and I've played several different 'hoods.

And yes, I suppose that is the definition of random. :rolleyes:

17. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

I like your style cocochan! This sounds pretty cool. Mind if I borrow this idea? Could we (mostly I) see some pics? If it gets a lil big, you could start a thread or something.

18. Vampira_sim

Vampira_sim Sexy_Sim

After hearing this I think I must go and create an all female and all male community...any boy babies born will be taken away be social and all men will be default sims...not of my creation.

19. starryknight2010

starryknight2010 New Member

I have more boys than girls... Although in families where I have already created the 1st child in CAS, it seems to be the opposite of the gender of the first kid.