Spore What if EA vanished into thin air?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Judhudson, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

What if EA vanished into thin air?

GameOn shares their idea on what it would be like if EA suddenly went *poof* and vanished. They had some great points in their article. An example is how EA is strongly dependant on Will Wrights franchises. If they disappeared, we wouldnt be seeing pack after pack after pack of Sim games.
    In fact the only game I could name off the top of my head thats of any significance coming from EA in the next six months is Wrights Spore. Sure, that ones probably going to raise the sun and lasso the moon and set all the celestial bodies into alignment, but you dont build an innovation empire on the back of one guy who turns out just two or three genuinely clever hits over the space of two decades.
    Im in the middle of this subject. I am sick of seeing some of EAs games turning out to be horrible. The Simpsons Game was one. I was thrilled when I heard about that game as I hoped for it to bring back the glory days of the past Simpsons games. However, what we got was huge with flaws and had pretty bad controls.

However, without EA, there is no doubt that we would ever see Spore. EA has poured a lot of money into the game, and if Maxis was just a standalone company, I highly doubt they would be able to afford all of the time they spent on it.

2. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

That was a really great read. I have no doubts in the world that all that is true! And Spore...our sweet Spore, gone forever..!:knockedout: