What kind of internet connection do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JohnEZ, Mar 7, 2005.

?

What kind of internet connection do you use?

1. Dial-up (ex. AOL)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. DSL (ex. Verizon)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Cable (ex. Comcast, Charter)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Hey all,

Just out of curiosity, what kind of internet connection do you have?

Just wondering, thanks :)

2. TheCrow21

TheCrow21 Pie Fanatic

Mines weird, i have aol and i have to sign in but it doesn't make the annoying noises and is very fast at it, it's also 200k so it's kinda confusing but i'm just gonna go with dsl :D

3. Sylla

Sylla New Member

At the moment I don't even have the internet connected, so I'm using a friends comp... But after many years of campaingning, my town finally has DSL, so I should be connected to that by next week some time (depending on how quickly they deliver the modem), but for the past 4 years I had been happy enough with Dial-up.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You will most likely gonna experience the state/feeling going "why the heck did I put up with DSL"

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I have ADSL. It's sort of cable - sort of DSL. At least it's one of the fastest on the swedish market and actually very reliable. So I'm happy.... :p

Actually Sweden is probably the most internet and computer dense countries in the world! That is when you look at it as "numbers of comps/internet connections per capita". Consider we only have a total of 9.000.000 people here.... :D

6. aliendrone

aliendrone New Member

i think ADSL is the same as DSL but little bit more faster then DSL.

7. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yeou're probably right in that. :)

8. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Thanks for participating, everyone :)

Hi Helen! Good to see you again :)

9. aharris

aharris New Member

Cable thank goodness

10. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Woohoo!!! Got my DSL modem today, hooked it up and now i have some speed in my life.... Doing the updates for XP was great (I have recently re-formatted so needed them all). Can't believe how much better it is!!!

11. ManagerJosh

Now that leaves you no excuse for not visiting us here more often ;)

12. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I only have a 56k dial-up, booooo. Which kind of stinks as this forum takes forever to load on it. :(

13. TheCrow21

TheCrow21 Pie Fanatic

Well Sylla only one thing to do now, get annoyed with dsl and want cable in a month or so :D
    lol, just messing :p

14. Sylla

Sylla New Member

ADSL was only enabled in my little town last month after 3 years of asking for it, so I don't think our phone company is going to be in any hurry to put cable down. So I'm just going to have to content myself with DSL for a while, or move back to the city (which isn't going to happen btw). But cable would be so nice....sigh :disappointed:

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

DSL technology is improving all the time. Speeds of 2 megabits per second are common and 20Gbps are likely to be available soon. Like anything else you get what you pay for. My own service isn't the cheapest but I have unlimted bandwidth and a low contention ratio; the only sites I have trouble with are ones with slow servers, like the otherwise fabulous modthesims2.com ... :rolleyes:

16. Deva

Deva New Member

What is aol ? Everyone's talking about it, but outside of America no one knows what it is =P

17. ManagerJosh

You don't know what America Online is? o_O

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL poor Sweden, no AOL, no Amazon ... how do they manage .... :p ... AOL is one of the largest ISP's in the UK (they also do a DSL service here ;) )

19. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Sharing cable with 4 other comps.