SimCity 4 What makes a city your city?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 18, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What makes a city your city?

During SimCity gameplay, what makes your city so unique? Older versions of SimCity allowed :D

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

My old versions I can't get onto this computer - they are in DOS mode. :LOL:
    I got an idea of try to create Stockholm when I've been familiar with the game. :classic:
    Main city of Stockholm as a central city and the suburbs surrounding as "small cities". I dunno if it will work out, but it's worth a try. ;)

3. Playa del Carmen

Playa del Carmen New Member

What makes my cities unique are how they flop. :p

4. ManagerJosh

How optimistic are you? I like to see my cities succeed :)

5. Playa del Carmen

Playa del Carmen New Member

I LIKE to see my cities succeed, they just usually don't. I think it's my transportation mostly. I make my industry too far away from my residential and people complain.

6. ManagerJosh

i keep them seperated, but link them by lots of mass transit :)

7. DarkMan

DarkMan New Member

i make them so it is a rich town and it burns good(trees between buildings)then when they least expect it, un leach a volcano on their ass !:angry: :mad: :D

8. starchip

starchip Guest

I tried to make london (every single bilding!) It took me months and months of editing bildings and making a bildin go here and there it took sooooooo long! loads of nighs in front of the computer:tired: but it was pretty cool in the end :) I'll poast it in if I can find the disk I copied it on to:)

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That would be nice to see starchip. Hope you find your disc. :)

10. ManagerJosh

I'll post a screenshot of New Bark Town :)

0 crime
    0 water pollution
    Excellent power system
    Excellent Transit
    Pretty Good Pollution Control (only two large red areas)
    Garbage under control
    Surplus Budget :)

Of course, this city stays with me :)
    I hate having people send it spiraling into a disaster....

11. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

hmmm..should i try Singapore?

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Why not Lew?? :classic:

13. ManagerJosh

Someone make hong kong :D

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Oh myy.... :classic:

Why not youself Josh?? :classic:

*Has really to get busy start playing SC3000WE*

15. VanDeGraff

VanDeGraff New Member

It's how the game reacts to me

I've tried to make Columbus, Indiana (real terrain is just a shade over 5 miles square for sc2K and 3K fit ) Indianapolis may work too if I scale it differently. These are very flat cities with a few meandering rivers (very loopy by game standards)
    My CP current project is a greek town called Miletos. I am not sure if it still exists today or is simply an ancient dig. After several regenerations, I chose a lake and coast city terrain for the CP so that they now have a hilly mainland with a long C shaped cape around their coast. I planned on making the little outlying villa's my high value property where the estates would be, but NO. the game reacted to the city center rule. So now my villas are the trailer parks of the city and sc3K chose a small residential block just off of the main commercial district as the estates and money lands.
    In SC4 , I'm thinking of building a seaport and industrial metropolis surrounded by 4 or 5 shopping mall centered communities, surrounded by farmland. It is sort of an Indiana thing to design, minus the seaport (unless I build East Chicago? )
    I do hope the federal prison gives up loads of cash for that seaport. Miletos sure hates having it, but hey the CP needs it.

16. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Sounds very interesting, Van

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sounds like a great thing Van!! :classic:

18. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

In SimCity 4 there will be alot more control over which parts of town will be rich or poor as there is a seperate tax rate for each wealth level.

19. Grey

Grey On the edge of Insanity

I hate this, i used to be able to make really unique citys in SC3K and tey always turned out pretty good. I have'nt played the game in a while so it takes a while to get used to SC4, but my cities keep going bankrupt:(

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*Jaws drop*

That too????