What some Japanese people eat...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by m o o s e, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

What some Japanese people eat...

Warning: Extremely graphic and grotesque.

This is what some Japanese people eat:

http://www.solid07.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=19450

I know I haven't been posting for awhile cause of college apps and SATs, but I just had to share this with you guys. Some of you probably already have seen this.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

No way.... How absolutely awful.

3. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

That's just disgusting. Yet, surprisingly enough, it doesn't shock me at all after what my brother told me a few weeks ago. Either the Chinese or Japanese eat something similar to "Prairie Oysters" only it's the human version and it's a delicacy.

I don't see how someone could eat that, knowing what it was. Doesn't being a cannibal come with some serious side effects, like diseases?
    One way or another, that's wrong.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I've learned this...to never believe everything you read and see.

I think I'll go do a bit more research on this before making my judgement.

5. ManagerJosh

testing time

6. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I picked up from tv the other day why the Japanese say that they can always smell a westerner. Apparently we eat a lot more dairy foods than they do, and that is the reason for the saying. Apparently they eat snake, sometimes.

7. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

The pictures are unbelievable. Unfortunately we had a baby who was born dead, which we knew about beforehand. She was given a proper christian funeral and buried. I couldn't bear the idea of anyone, no matter who it was, eating her.

8. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

I thought that I should include this article I found on the website, www.truthorfiction.com as these rumours of baby eating have been around for awhile and this says it better than I can:

I think it's safe to say that all countries have food tastes that seem gross or weird to the rest of us but hopefully, it doesn't extend to eating humans although there is evidence that some cultures think eating human flesh may be an aphrodisiac (see above paragraph). There is a disease in humans caused by eating human flesh which would make it common sense why we have a natural revulsion to the whole idea. I can't think of the name but it is the same disease that causes Mad Cow Disease in cattle (Mad Cow disease is caused by cows being given protein feed in it that has ground up beef in it. These protein feeds were supposed to have been banned years ago in Canada yet look at the incident Alberta had this summer. No one is still sure of where that infected cow got it from but at least it never made it into the food chain whereas when that same thing happened years ago in Japan, it not only made it into the food chain but they tried to cover it up.)

9. ManagerJosh

10. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

phew, im glad its a hoax, the pics are still pretty sick.

11. Bookworm42

I agree Moose and yet it is interesting to note the comments we have in our culture about cannabalism and children..eg. something commonly said to babies is, "You are so adorable, I could eat you up!" or comparing body parts to food as in "you have strawberry lips" or "cheeks like peaches" etc. Thanks for giving the link Josh...I guess that would have been easier than copying the whole thing!! :) (and taken up less room, sorry!)

12. SolidSnake_19

Oh good, it's a hoax. I was worried for a minute. o_O

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm glad I didn't look....

This thread is giving me flashbacks to anthropology class in college, we covered some cultures that practiced cannibalism and I remember that they were having a lot of problems with diseases because of it.

14. Colonel Froggie

Colonel Froggie Lord of the Frogs

The pictures wouldn't load on my PC anyway. :p

15. SolidSnake_19

Probably for the best, Froggie. ;)

16. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Kinda off topic, but here it goes anyways.

What makes eating one animal ANY different than another? It's all dead animal flesh in the end, reguardless of whatever form that animal took in life. I'm not one to eat strange and "exotic" foods for whatever reasons, but I just think the arbitrary-ness of it all is very ridiculous. I'm also VERY glad I didnt click on that link.

I could help defend the Asian culture and their eating habits, but I see nothing to defend in eating snakes and other "delicacies". The French have their snails, the Chinese their snakes, Americans EVERY danged thing that moves... and some that do not, and many other countries and their cuisine that I cant think of now. It all comes back to the arbitrary-ness (not a word, I know) that I was talking about.

17. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well, the first thing I can think of that would make a difference in what animals we choose to eat or not is how they TASTE! :p One of the funny stories my grandmother used to tell me was about how two young guys were out hunting and they shot a skunk because they thought it was funny... and their father or some adult told them that they'd better only hunt for FOOD and not for FUN so they made them prepare and cook and EAT that skunk... and it was REALLY BAD as they made a mess skinning and preparing it and got whatever makes the STINK all worked into the meat! ugh!!! :p

18. OinkUsed2BABunny

Well when I made my last post I was under the assumption that people know better than to eat skunks. :p

19. Bookworm42

When I taught a module on Early Explorers to my kids a few years ago, I invited an archaeologist that I knew, to talk to them about the early days of the fur trade and Indians and she prepared them a dinner using the same food that they did (she had a copy of an old diary with a list of food eaten for a Christmas dinner in the early 1800's) and we were grossed out by some of the stuff that they tried eating...they ate everything from beaver to crows and magpies, eww but I suppose that beat the alternative of starving to death...(or eating tofu! :)) We all have cultural ideas of what tastes good or doesn't taste good but I admit that I'll never, ever want to try snails or bugs or even meats like kidneys, liver, tongue... Also, I'm getting a bit creeped out by everyone saying something tastes a bit like chicken, eg. snakemeat...what is chicken? some universal taste!?

20. OinkUsed2BABunny

It's all about how the food is prepared, as opposed to what it is. Tofu is good as long as it's not eaten plain (nasty >.<). It's rather good in some of the vegetarian restaurants I've been to, seeing as how my mom is a vegetarian. I only have adversions to some types of cooked fish, sushi notwithstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.