Spore What Sort of Creatures Will You Make?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, May 3, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What Sort of Creatures Will You Make?

Spore has this awesome custom content engine that allows you to make any creature, but limited to your own imagination.

So what sort of creatures will you create? LGM? Elves? Gnomes?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Definitely Pierson's Puppeteers for me.

3. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

I will start with a 4 legged creature to get used to the game .

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Your gallery screenshots of the game are way too cool! Could it be that EA is creating it's own rival for TS2? (by the way, is that you Joshy, checking out Harry Potter?)

5. reignofevil

You know they could be ( good to see someone else post here ) .

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

would it be possible to create a totally peaceful planet?

7. reignofevil

Yes I beleve that you can trade goods with other speicies BUT you would still half to kill under developed life .

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

If we don't kill 'em they will kill us.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That's why I propose making Larry Niven's puppeteers ... they don't fight they just run away to away another galaxy ... taking their planet with them :p

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Well, imagine a peaceful world with no crime, no war, no famine. Imagine how lovely it would be for the approximately 30 seconds this would last before the rioting started. Mmmm. Rioting.

But this game sounds neat, if it were to actually worked as advertised (Yeah....right, that's gonna happen). See the galaxy. Meet new and interesting lifeforms, and then kill them! Hopefully this will be the best done part: It would be such a shame if there wasn't anything worth blowing up in the galaxy. Design your very own race of consummate warriors and unleash them upon the galaxy to kill, loot, pillage, and burn. Aaaah. Tasty.

But in addition to being violent and homicidal, they must also be cute and cuddly! Because the juxtaposition of a violent and warlike race of cute, fuzzy things is just too funny.

11. mkire

mkire New Member

i agree with the guy above me. Cute and Blood-thirsty is always disturbingly fun

12. Bub

Bub New Member

Didn't Wright claim that the game can be played without major military use? It'd be neat to assimilate the entire planet without firing a gun.

...But my first race is going to be aggressive. I'm thinking near-insects that fly around in packs and beat the snot out of whatever they come across. They'd be bipeds...Mhmm...

Only a year and a half more to flesh out the rest of my to-make list.

13. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

You're mad, right? Non-military use? What manner of foolishness do you speak of? Whatever happened to "See the galaxy, meet new and interesting lifeforms, and then kill them!"?

14. Bub

Bub New Member

See the galaxy, meet new and interesting lifeforms, then sell them a product of your race, get them dependent on it, then jackup the prices until they can no longer survive without giving you everything they have.

Can you say "opium?"

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Can you say "oil"?

16. reignofevil

Lol can you say dope ?
    Or maybe just abduct all there food hmm .

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Carebears.

Weapon of choice: The Carebear Stare. Best if sculpted onto the surface of your enemy race's sun and moon(s). Nothing is more unnerving than having the Carebears stare down at you day and night. And if any race is hardy enough to endure 40 years of that, then assimilate.

And J. M.? I like the cut of your jib. We need to cooperate for the good of our galaxy.

18. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

That made me lol.

I was thinking of some creature similar to Gremlins.

19. Doomstrom

Doomstrom #1 Spore Fan

20. reignofevil

Well until a hostile race comes along with a battle fleet and rains death down apon you :).