What Would You Like to See?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 26, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What Would You Like to See?

Often a common problem with webmasters is that we fail to see what you, our members, visitors, want in a site. We have these grandeur visions of huge sites, and ultimately its a goal we'd like to achieve.

However, I think its about time, we make sure we are meeting all the needs of you.

So, tell us, what needs to be done? What would you like to see? Regardless if its positive or negative, we want to hear it :)

The only bad idea is one that is never spoken.

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

No offence but i think you need to makeyour search engine better

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Josh, I think it's a great site and like the forums just like they are. :)

As to the rest of the site, personally I only look at the news and the downloads. I would of course like to see more of that and more links to other articles, reviews, and such.

And more University downloads! :)

4. JeannieMarie

JeannieMarie New Member

A screenshots gallery would be nice. :rolleyes:

5. ManagerJosh

In what way?

6. littlecrazyrascal

littlecrazyrascal New Member

tutorials!houses!

i know a great site but i dont go thier that much now,but this site is cool,but all you need to do is what this site did for me. It showed me tutorials on house,like building a house in a hillside,building bridges,changng cas screens,split level homes etc. you should visit it and get some ideas, it also has cool downloadable houses that are way cool, i left because it is too slow and it is all messed up now,he has not built anything for months. but he will give you great ideas. visit the site it is called sims2inside.com:)

7. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Every time I search for somthing it comes up for a thread where somone happen's to say it. If you read through the whole thread their is nothing there to help you. Somtimes it comes up wit things that have absolutly nothing to do with what Iv'e asked for.

8. ManagerJosh

Try revising your search terms.

9. Actaviosan

Actaviosan New Member

You need a better troubleshooting and proplems STAFF!
    WE DON'T GET ANY GOOD **** HELP!:mad:

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

No what you mean is we need more clairvoyant staff. I agree with ya! :rolleyes:

11. latmere1

latmere1 Blah Blah

can we have some videos and picture galleries please

12. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i know this is an old thread, but heres one big idea i have: get rid of phpnuke. im pretty sure you remember josh that a number of my sites used it. heck, one site im webmaster for still uses it although it will be changing as well. i ended up changing my sites over to mostly self coded pages (except for the forums, which i use phpbb for) and i have yet to regret it.

maybe try getting a custom site done and retheme the forums to match?

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

To be perfectly honest, I have to agree with Vchat. To a new visitor, the default vBulliten theme can seem rather cold (or at least, that's what it felt like to me when I first came)

Of course, this is entirely your choice. :) Just thought you might be interested.

14. ManagerJosh

Theme is the last thing on my mind atm. Right now we're barely in the Release Candidate Stage for the latest vBulletin, and I'm working on getting out some of the basic kinks in the system.

And btw, the theme designs fall on Rickk :p. If you want one, go remind him :p

15. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I'd like to see a bear holding a shark.

I'd also like to see those frickin' foreign directories properly chowned back to me.

16. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Sorry, double.... triple... maybe quadruple post? Was I the only one who saw that?

17. J. M. Pescado

I'd like to see a bear holding a shark.

I'd also like to see those frickin' foreign directories properly chowned back to me.

18. ManagerJosh

I'll make a note to have a cronjob setup for you..

19. J. M. Pescado

Getting the Mysql system updated would be nice, too. It seems to be an old, creaky version.

20. ManagerJosh

4.0 too old? :|