What You Be Interested in a Knowledge Base?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 4, 2005.

?

Would You Be Interested in a Knowledge Base?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What's a Knowledge Base?

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I don't care.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What You Be Interested in a Knowledge Base?

We're debating on expanding a section in the forums for a knowledge base. However do you think it would be a useful tool?

This isn't meant to be a point or area for discussion, but just an area to look up information, post relevant information, and so forth.

2. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

So many threads are devoted to questions about gameplay, I think this is a really good idea :).

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It would be a good thing, because then when someone asked a question we could just send them there.

However, you'd need to make sure that anything on that list was the "real deal" in terms of information rather than some off the wall thing.

For example, the "real deal" on the issue of twins is that it's not affected by any cheat or anything that someone does after the person is pregnant, yet we still have tons of people saying "I can prove that twinsarecute100% works for getting twins" or "If you just scan the BBS you can see that it's been proved that eating [fill in your favorite rumored food here] will guarentee that you'll get twins."

4. SilentDragon

SilentDragon Spegramet, English God

And it'd decrase the amount of questions in the first place, though some people always ignore such things :rolleyes:

Speaking as a newbie to TS2, I'd sure find it helpful, plus I won't have to bug people or use the highly in-effective search feature *shudder*

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I could probably write several entire pages of mythbusting for TS2, including those ridiculous twin myths.

6. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

KB would rule

A knowledge base would be a place to send all the noobs with OMFG IT DOEZNT WORK HLP PLZ THX! posts.

7. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

LOL. Don't be mean to the newbies! They don't know any better:p :D

8. SilentDragon

SilentDragon Spegramet, English God

nOOb, or noob: A new member to a forum that spams, annoys people and doesn't bother to look at the rules, or obey them. Often flame people and talk in text speak, like this: 'Plz hlp, whre cn i fnd cds for th sims tu unlloc cd?' Gahh!

Newbie, newb: A new member who does their best to obey the rules, are usually fairly polite and don't spam up forums or necromance old topics.

Not to be confused, obviously. Still if no knowledge is available in a FAQ or via the crappy search feature, can you blame people for asking? Noobs probably would fail to find it anyway, and in my past experience they have.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

n00b eh? In England we call 'em knobs ... I guess I'll soon find out if that is rude ... ;)

[edit - apparently not :D ... it is in England :p ]