What's Next For The Next Generation Sims

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 21, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What's Next For The Next Generation Sims

Well sims have come and gone, and they keep rolling on and on. Let's think up things that would be possibly in the next version of The Sims

2. Simzer

Simzer New Member

Making your own cars, and make your own buisness, like TSO.

3. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Corporate Sims, you follow them to the office. You have goals for the day to get done.

4. ApeDrape88

ApeDrape88 New Member

Ultimate fighting Sims -- when a sim insults you, you get to challenge them to a duel!

Glove slap! Shut yer big yap!

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

What would happen if the kids actually grow up and go to college?

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I would love it if at some point they develop it so you can have the option of child sims "growing up" to adult sims (you can dress them like teens!) and the option for one member of a family to "move out" and become a new separate family would be great too! I keep running into situations where, for example, I have 2 female sims as roomates. One meets a guy townie and proposes, he moves in... now I have the married couple sims AND the extra female roomate.... it would be great to have an easy way for her to relocate!

heh I just thought, it would be fun to name an expansion (if they did it as an expansion) with the "grow up" and "move out" features Sims-Generations! ;) :D :whitekitty:

7. suitemichelle

very nice, FaeLuna. What if the kids grew up and went to college? Also in thinking about it, what if you had wardrobes that contained different items for different sims? One would be able to find only victorian stuff for victorian sims for example. Or you wouldn't find peach lace in a goth closet (unless they wanted it there.)

8. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

oscars, grammys, and the musical version of chicago

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Wardrobes sorted by clothing type or taste sounds like a neat idea to me suitemichelle! So far the closest I've been able to dream up to do anything remotely like that is crazy ideas I've got for the costume trunk from House Party... ;)

It seems like it would be a handy thing to only have to sort through the kinds of clothes you wanted that particular sim or sim family to have, instead of clicking through 50 skins that are totally different from what you wanted trying to get to that one you had in mind!

10. suitemichelle

So who gets these kinds of ideas to Maxis. Do they have a suggestion box somewhere?

I was just thinking if the kid went to high school that after a certain number of hours the counselor could approach them with an appitude test and make recomandations for trade school or college. And if they kept their grades up, and so on they could get scholarships and so on. I could make my daughter a sim and actually get her to go to college.

PS- Did you clone the trunk and then put certain items in it?

11. Simzer

Simzer New Member

Yes they do have a sugegestion box, they have one at TheSims.com's BBS.

12. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

dis they ever use thos suggestions?

13. suitemichelle

I've been surfing the download sites and just found one that has a program that says it can turn your kids into teens. It's called "simlifecycle" Is someone out there willing to check it out?

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I've heard of that before Michelle, however I've also heard that it messes up your game so bad that you need to restart the game... from the very beginning.

15. suitemichelle

Thanks for the info, Josh. No lifecycle for me (except at the gym.)