What's the worst thing you have done to your Sims?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by IrishDragon, Feb 13, 2004.

1. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

What's the worst thing you have done to your Sims?

Mine would have to be when before I knew the cheat code for money, I would have couples marry just for the money and then I would make the one I didnt want go into the backyard and then fince them in so they couldnt eat, sleep... etc. Then I discoverd that putting them in the pool and deleting the ladder was a much quicker way of getting rid of unwanted Sims lol. :LOL:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Once I set out to give an entire family GPD in order to study the epidemiology of the disease (trust me I have medical training :D ) Well OK that wasn't sooo bad but in a later series of experiments I tested out an hypothesis concerning whether Vacation Island Squats made GPD easier to catch. 3 more families bit the dust. Man, I tell ya, that was one spooky lot ... I was running out of room for gravestones.

Oh ... BTW. I discovered that GPD seems to immunize against the squats ... :p :confused: ;) :ermm:

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

The only time I ever killed a sim on purpose was one the I downloaded who had an invisible head... really creepy. I walled him in a small room and it took forever and I felt awful. But what is GPD?

4. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Guinea Pig Disease, sims can get it in the game if you buy them a guinea pig lol. They start sneezing alot, basicly just get sick and if you dont take care of it (ie. letting them rest alot, etc.) then your sim can die from it. Ive had that happen alot before I knew the reason why.

5. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

I tried to wall my sim in once but once they started screaming and looking really distressed found I couldn't go through with it. I'm really woosy about doing terrible things to them although my partner seems to think that is the best thing about the Sims. Nice experiment with GPD though Irish. I'm very impressed :cool:

[Added:]

By the way, is there a cure for GPD?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I thought it was my GPD experiment ... :( :p

Apparently the original GPD was more fatal (as reported somewhat hilariously on the BBC's website (click here to see report)

As for a cure. Apart from hacked objects most Sims recover in 2 days if given plenty of rest ... messes up their careers a bit though.

7. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

*grin* oops. Sorry mirelly. ;) All my Sims that contracted GPD died from it :( It was very sad then I refused to have guinea pigs in Sims anymore and got some in real life! :)

8. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

I have heard if you buy that guinea pig painting (the one that looks really freekin sad) that it will help them recover. Wonder what strange things will be in Sims2 lol.

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

LOL Really Irish? I've never bought that painting because it has never gone with my amateurish attempts at interior decoration. :D Mind you, I guess I could always go for some sort of guinea pig themed room with grass green carpet, tree trunk brown wallpaper, guinea pig pictures on every available wall and rows and rows of guinea pigs in cages :p

10. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

LOL that would be a bit much but fun to come up with. But I think with that many guinea pig cages it might cause the whole neighborhood to fall sick!

11. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

The worst thing I've done to my sims (on memory) is the time when I corralled everyone from the neighborhood in my backyard. None of them could eat, sleep (because I had a stereo playing beside the cage) or shower. So they were smelly, tired and very hungry... Maybe I was showing a shred of niceness when I allowed them to have a barbeque in the corral? No, no I wasn't. The person with the worst cooking ability began frying up some juicy hamburgers when the BBQ burst into flames.

Everyone was in a made panic trying to escape their firey doom that was sure to come. One by one the they fell to the heat, the Newbies were first, then the Goths and so forth. Until one person was smart enough to evade the flames and walk towards her home. Luckly for me she fell asleep only a few feet away from a bale - as I pondered what to do the fire crept closer, closer, CLOSER. Would this sole survivor of the first massacre escape unscratched?
    No... the fire killed her pretty soon after.

*Twilight Zone music*

Best death post ever.

12. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

LMAO Solid! That is so wrong but sooooooo very funny!!

*hands over the blue ribbon for best sim death post ever*

13. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Now that is what I call hilarious...strangely creepy but, oh so funny! (hands Snake award for "Best Death Ever!") I'm afraid that I haven't done anything quite so cruel to my sims (although some have died from lack of cooking ability!) but I have noticed that some of my kids' simhomes have a few tombstones in the backyard. As to the Guinea Pig Disease, putting a picture of the Lonely Guinea Pig in the house and having your Sims look at it does actually help them get better! I read the article you attached Mirelly and was surprised to learn that Maxis changed the code to make it less virulent....I just didn't bother getting Guinea pigs for the Sims that I liked!

14. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

ROFL Snake you are the King!

15. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Yeppir, she is the real King...and not Michael Kelso's version of the King....Hmmm, Snakey did you take a photo diary of your killing spree...if you did you could upload it to the Sims.com so the rest of us could have enjoyed the story of your Sims untimely demises...

16. IrishDragon

IrishDragon New Member

Heh... the death of ALL neighborhood 1 captured for all to enjoy and laugh at... poor sims lol.

17. So thats what that is...

[Added:]

Thats what i used to do before i discovered the rosebud cheat!!!

Has anyone seen their sims electrocuted? I have been playing it for about 5 years and i still havent!!

[Remember to use the edit button to add on to messages.]

18. Himmuli

Himmuli New Member

The worst thing that I have done to my Sim happened that day when I run out of money. My Sim was enjoying his day of from work in a pool, so I started to buy new furnitures and re-decorate the house. Well, money ran out after shopping and selling. I even sold the ladders (very handy object if you want to get out of the pool)... It was an accident (was it? really?)... My sim drowned in his pool. Rest in peace, my love... :cry:

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I still haven't done anything bad to my sims on purpose... but now these posts have me wondering, what's this about them getting sick on vacation? How do I do that to my sims? :p

20. vix

vix New Member

I bought a guinea pig for one of my families but they ended up all dying from diseases and left the house completely empty.