How Do I Which is better to start as??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Marvin Willis, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Marvin Willis

Marvin Willis New Member

Which is better to start as??

um i wondering which is better. starting out as a child or starting a grown up . I want my sim to be me, if i start as a child when i am ready to go to college do i leave my family and i start too control only my self or i have to be my family ??

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

If you start out as a child or teenager you will then get the option to go to college, assuming you have the University Expansion Pack. If you start out as an adult you don't have the college option.

When you're sim goes to college he/she leaves the family home and is playable thereafter like a single sim without the burden :p of mom, dad and siblings. And your sim does not have to return to the family home when finished college. He/she can start out on their own with the standard 20K simoleons.

3. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

Why not start as a teenager and then go to college and such? I think the babies and kids are sort of annoying. It's not until the teenage years you can do fun stuff. ;)

4. Marvin Willis

Marvin Willis New Member

Thanks for the help, i just got the sims if install all exp packs. can i still go to college and stuff.

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

There's a slight advantage to starting as young as possible, in that you have more time to make friends and build skills, but I have sims I started at University who did just fine for themselves.

I tend to start my new sims as college students, most of the time. Of course, then they have no family of origin, unless you give them siblings.