Which 'Media Player' do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hugzncuddles, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Which 'Media Player' do you recommend?

I'm looking for a good media player to play mainly (but not exclusively) music. On my old computer I used RealPlayer 10, the free version. I was pretty satisfied with it (and its playlists) and have used versions of RealPlayer for years, but now I have this new PC I'm thinking of changing - not least because many people say that RealPlayer is a resource hog. Never really been a WMP user either.

I did research the pros/cons of various media players a lil while back but got boggled with the extreme 'z0mg dis is teh roxorzzz, lmao omg!!111' or the 'ugh this is the worst player ever!!1 it totally destroyed my pc zomg!!' and to be honest, I would much rather get feedback from you guys. Which do you use or recommend? Or which do you advise should be avoided and why?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :D

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I still think WMP is best. All the others need (or try to have) their own update processes to running in the background, whereas WMP gets it updates along with Windoze. If a site demands Quick Time, I leave. I don't accept any site telling me what software to use.

Unless you you go to a lot of trouble to stop it happening, Quick Time, will break into what you're doing just to tell you there's a new upgrade available to fix some or other security bug. Jeez!

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'm a big WMP and iTunes user :)

4. sreeja

sreeja New Member

I recommend windows media player and real player.Both of the are good.

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Thanks for the input. :) After activating Windows XP Pro (I was waiting until the 30 days were almost up and to make sure things were running properly after putting new stuff on) I downloaded WMP11 yesterday and had a ton of fun discovering all the stuff I should have known about earlier, lol. I liked the visualisations and there's a lot of cool skins available too. Mainly though, the Enhancements are very useful. I also like the ability to play only songs rated 5* or 4*, and so on. Saves time putting them into separate playlists. Actually, I prolly never got the most out of RealPlayer10 - it prolly had that feature too. I guess I'm only now starting to really explore each and every feature of various software. My sound card is a Xonar D2 and it's taken a lil time to tweak its Audio Centre to my liking. The only task now is to re-upload all my CDs and add my iTunes folder back with my purchased songs. :D