Troubleshooting White screen - Gfx card good enough?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Stybb, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Stybb

Stybb New Member

White screen - Gfx card good enough?

When I load up sims 3, i see all the intro and loading and everything, but when I click onto create a sim, the background is all white (where I imagine your character should be), but the options (hair clothes personality etc) is all viewable.

My comp specs are
    AMD 64 athlon 3200+ (yet it only says 798 mhz?)
    1 Gig ram
    ATI mobility radeon 9700 128 mb

I'm imagining that maybe my graphics card isnt good enough, as its not on the list, although some blurb at the bottom of the readme does mention something about laptop graphics cards.

Anyway, if there is anything I can do to fix this problem, apart from fork out a load of money on a new computer, plesae let me know :)

Thanks

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Could you please post up a dxdiag report? Not that we don't trust you at what your specs are. We do! We just want a bigger report of what your computer's current state is.

3. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Upgrade the driver's for your graphics adapter.

The AMD 3200+ should be running at 2GHz, but this may just be some power saving mode of the laptop, or the heatsink is full of dust and it is underclocking.

4. Stybb

Stybb New Member

Here you go.

I'll give my heatsink a bit of a clean out and see if that helps :)

Attached Files:

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member