How Do I Why am I having so many Twins?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by monkeyluvr331, May 13, 2005.

1. monkeyluvr331

monkeyluvr331 New Member

Why am I having so many Twins?

:confused: My lady has had 3 sets of twins and 1 boy baby, In a row! Why is she having so many sets of twins?:confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I think it might have something to do with sharing her bed with (ahem) gentlemen. :whistles_innocently:

The fact that you have had a single boy indicates that you haven't got a hack that forces twins only. I've had around 5 sets of twins since last Sept ... out of dozens and dozens of kids. 2 sets came one after to the other to the same family. Man that drove me nuts! Maybe the game is set to make twins more likely for some sims than for others. Also in real life the odds of having twins is increased if one of the parents is a twin ...

3. latmere1

latmere1 Blah Blah

the reason your having so many twins is because once you have twins its in the genes so whatever the generation u have a high chance of twins. even the person giving the twin genes.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

LOL mirelly! :p

5. crissy

crissy New Member

twins

Having twins is somehow connected to what the mother eats. For example eating cookies makes sims have twins more likely than ususal.;)

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Nope. Not true. That's a myth.

What I have observed is that some lots are "stuck" on twins while others aren't. So, if there are too many twins for you, try moving.

I think you had my twins, LOL. I haven't had any since I reinstalled my game a few months ago.

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I've never had twins except when creating a family and making two children with the same personality or even different personalities but age the same. go figure.

8. mysterygirl_2

mysterygirl_2 New Member

The cookie rumor is partially true, but the sim in question has to eat only cookies and absolutley nothing else. I have experimented with this cheat, eating alot of cookies doesnt make a difference, but eating only cookies works for me everytime...when I looked for info on the net on how to have twins alot of it was lies (checked most of them out) its soooo frustrating when you see people post the same dead cheats over and over again.

9. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Sorry, but it's just a really incredible coincidence. Several of the TS2 community's best modders have reviewed the game's programming, and there is nothing in the code that causes cookies to have an effect on whether twins are born. The only programmed in modifiers to the twin phenomenon are the cheesecake and the "forcetwins" cheat, both in OFB only.

Now it's not entirely impossible that you might have unknowingly acquired a hack (might have snuck in with a downloaded lot) that causes cookies to have an effect. But it's not built in to the unmodded game.

10. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

;) Hmm... i should make my female adult sims eat cheese cake....

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

After installing OFB I had five sets of twins, only one by cheesecake. I thought I was stuck on twins, as they weren't even in the same households, but whew, I had a singleton, and several singletons since.

Twins are nice, but too many means population explosion.

Interestingly, two of the sets have the same dad (different moms). So it could also be something to do with a specific sim.