Why won't it show up???

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Phoenix Ravenflame, May 28, 2003.

1. Phoenix Ravenflame

Phoenix Ravenflame New Member

Why won't it show up???

FaeLuna and I spent quite a bit of time on this yesterday and never came up with an answer to why my new mesh and skin won't show up in the game. Actually, the mesh showed up once and it was weird... made my Sim look like a manniquin with a painted head and hands but plain white body. The files themselves seem to be okay. The mesh is named xskin-b420fafit_KISS-PELVIS-BODY.skn . The skin is named b420fafitlgt_KISS_name.bmp . Actually, it has the name of the skin, not "name", bu8t I named it something I can't type here, so I just substituted that. It does not have a .cmx file to go with it. The tutorial I read said to make the .cmx is Notepad and then save as a .cmx instead of .txt file, but Notepad will only let me make .txt files. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong with it?

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

first, to make the skin show up, you need a CMX file. Next to save in wordpad what you do is this.

save what you need to, Click File > Save As

Specify the name of files, but at the very end add .CMX (with the period)

Click Save :)