Why won't they get married??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Junior, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Junior

Junior New Member

Why won't they get married??

One of my sims Tommy, got together with the cheerleader Adriana at uni, when he left they got engaged but now no matter what I try they just won't get married. He can't propose marriage, I tried the wedding arch loads of times & even threw a wedding party but she went home and he cried & wouldn't sleep or go to work! Anything I can do? This is my legacy family so some needs to marry someone! His sister Mya won't marry anyone, she's a romance sim & her fears are getting engaged to the men she's in love with.... grrr:mad:

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Is Tommy still at the university? Because I don't think they can get married while they are still there.

This is how I got my sim to marry her NPC boyfriend:

1) Got Engaged to boyfriend Calvin
    2) Threw Graduation Party
    3) Moved her into a house in the neighborhood, got her a job, bed, etc.
    4) Threw a big house party, invited Calvin
    5) At the end of the party, invited Calvin to move in
    6) Calvin then transitioned to "Adult" and was playable. I am assuming he graduated because he has 6 wants and a diploma in his rewards
    7) Next day bought the arch, did the whole Wedding Party thing, and ta-da, they were married.

3. Junior

Junior New Member

No Tommy's graduated and moved back to the town. Maybe they'll just have to have a long engagement! Maybe it makes a difference if the NPC is a romance sim? Maybe she doesn't want to get married.....
    I got his sister Mya to get married in the end and she's the heir to the legacy so maybe he'll just have to find himself another lady!!

4. Junior

Junior New Member

...meant to say Tommy can't ask her to move in either for some reason...

5. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Completley off topic but :p why are the NPC's noses always flat?! also you are better off to marry a maid or mailman etc....because they aren't always romance and dead ugly.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

two words, Flamey ... Benjamin Long :p

7. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

...He's like the only one. If he has a big nose....can't remember. But other than him EVERYONE'S nose is flat on their face!

8. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I've had a Sim marry a romance NPC before, so it is possible. But this was before University, so...um...:confused:

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Ot

Hey Cheez, you have the same birthday as my sister... go figure.:)

10. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

They all have huge giant massive puffy lips too

I swear they all must have thyroid disorders

11. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

The problem is your college NPC's aren't adults yet, they are only young adults and unable to marry. Have Tommy invite Adriana over to his house for a night of romance. After romancing her a bit have Tommy propose "move in" to Adriana. If she accepts, she will age transition (spins around, confetti drops, salsa music plays) to adult and then you can have a full fledged wedding party or just propose marriage and exchange rings, your choice. HTH

12. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I don't know, I had a couple get engaged move in together, had kids and everything but she never would marry him. faithful forever but no wedding.