How Do I Will ghosts stay...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kimblee, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

Will ghosts stay...

On the lot if I move a diffrent family in?

I'm trying to make a very haunted lot to move my Devil's Nest crew into.

(oops... i double posted... how do i delete?)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ghost stay with their tombstones, so yes they'll stay. Tombstones can only be moved off the lot with Nightlife ... or they can just be deleted if you want rid of the ghosts

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yep, I made a haunted house that way.

People just kept dying for some reason. Oh, riiight, you need to put ladders in pools ... :p

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I think, though, that if you want ghosts and tombstones to stay on a lot (other than a community lot,) a sim who's not dead has to be living on the lot at all times. If a family litters the place with tombstones and then moves out, the tombstones disappear.

However, with NL, you can take tombstones with you in your backpack.

I'm not sure--has anyone tried it?--if a nonfamily member can pick up a tombstone and take it home from a community lot. :scratchchin:

Sounds like you've had a lot more experience with this sort of thing, SBW. ;) Can you set me straight if I've got any of this wrong? :eek:

5. surprised_by_witches

The gravestones stay. I had the Normal sisters move into the house and killed 'em off. Grimmy stuck around for a while and used the toilet and I got a funny little Grimmy bio (he's a Taurus), before he took off and the house was unplayable.

But, when I moved Bob the poor sap into the house the graves were there and the sisters haunted the poor guy. I wanted them to scare him to death, but no such luck. He eventually died, and once more Grimmy hung around for a while.

And then I moved the Borneo sisters in, Arachna and Maleficent, but then my game crashed and I never got to kill them off.

With my old video card and CPU the house played very slooooowwwwly, especially since it was a pretty big house. Each ghost slowed it down that much more. But it definitely worked.

I had another house with a grave on the roof (that's where she died and I never moved it) and that one stayed as well, even after the family moved out.

6. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

OH well that's good to know! I thought when the family moves the gaves were sold and added to the families wealth. Whenever anyone died, before Nightlife, I thought I was just stuck with them living in that house because I didn't want to loose that grave. I don't like having the ghosts around but sometimes it's just hard to hit that delete key when you've gotten attached to a sim.

I'm going to be using JMP's idea for the mosoleum(sp?). That way I can have the best of both worlds, I still have the graves but don't have to be bothered with the ghosts.

Ruth

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Reading through your adventures with the Normal sisters and Bob, SBW, it sounds like the owners didn't move out. They died on the premises. I think that makes a difference. Or maybe it made a difference only until the NL expansion. Could be what I'm confused about. :confused:

Oops, just reread your last sentence. Gotta open my eyes wider.

8. surprised_by_witches

I'm not sure that it's 100% reliable, like a lot of things in the game. The best way to make sure your tombstones don't disappear is to move them to the graveyard before you move out, though I've heard people have had problems with that too.

What's more valuable to me is family portraits. I'm glad we have inventory now. Frankly, more than one ghost on a property gets to be a headache, and one can be a problem too, especially if the people living there aren't knowledge sims.

Lots of accidents. :rolleyes:

9. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yeah, I think the difference is in moving out vs. all sims on a lot dying. If a lot is vacated by means of death, all objects including gravestones will remain on the lot for the next family to move in. They are only sold if the family moves out, not if they die off.

10. surprised_by_witches

Not true. I had a family move out and I thought Opal's gravestone was lost but it was still there when I made a copy of the house.

I think it's probably unreliable, though, like a lot of things in the game. If you want to make sure you don't lose your dead rellies, take 'em with you.

Opal was from my game pre-uni or NL.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I finally got a ghost complaining about their bed. I had read in threads that they did that, but never saw it. While I was playing out the whole Jackson-Virginia-Delilah triangle, I noticed Delilah's mother floating around the lot, carrying on because Delilah bought a new bed. Hey, ma, it's an upgrade from you cheap, ugly, protozoan-shaped bed, so hush now!!! :cool: