SimCity 4 Windows 98SE or Windows ME? Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ander5rulz, Sep 29, 2003.

?

What Windows operating system do you use?

1. Windows 95 First Edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Windows 95 Second Edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Windows 98 First Edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Windows 98 Second Edition

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Windows ME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Windows XP

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ander5rulz

ander5rulz New Member

Windows 98SE or Windows ME? Should I upgrade?

Hey Everybody :). I have Windows 98SE installed on my computer and I am thinking about going to ME. Should I upgrade? I have heard lots of things about ME such as that it is really unstable and 98SE is better. However, many said things such as this going from Windows 95 to 98. What are the pros and cons about upgrading to ME from 98SE? Ultimately, should I upgrade?

Cheers everybody,
    Ander5

2. ander5rulz

ander5rulz New Member

whoops,

sorry guys I didn't realise this was the SimCity4 general chat, not the general chat. I will move this post to the coffeehouse, maybe an admin could delete it?

3. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Don't worry Anders...I'm sure that Josh and one of his admin types can fix it...But in case I don't find it again after they do their magic, I just wanted to tell you that in my opinion DO NOT upgrade to Windows ME!!!! We had Me on our computer for about 1 year and had so many problems with the system crashing and doing weird things (eg. Me wiping the entire hard drive and having to reinstall everything because of glitches). It got so bad that the business that sold us our computer with the Me, discontinued selling that product (Me) and wouldn't warranty any computer that the purchaser insisted on being loaded with Me. After the 3rd total crash of my system we trashed the Me disc and reloaded the system to Win98SE...I haven't had a problem since!! Also Me is not compatible to most older games. If you really want an upgrade then the latest XP...it is supposed to have corrected Me's problems plus you can play older games on it...(I'm not sure how you can change the defaults to play them but have heard you can, unlike the Me system). Anyway, that's the opinion of this ex-Me owner!