Windows Xp Problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brandon J Golden, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Windows Xp Problem

My windows xp has been slow recently for awhile and is getting slower each week. I have done the following in my attempt to speed it up...

virus scan - it removed allot of junk
    registry cleaner - it cleaned allot of registry errors
    uninstalled many programs that were not in use anymore
    cleaned out temporary files
    disabled suspicious unknown start-up items

I recently installed Windows Defender on the XP which found one Trojan at a med-high dangerous level. Been having problems still with these viruses, something is probably reproducing. I have checked for updates using the one feature in the control panel. Is there any free updates from Microsoft you know of that would help?

Any recommendations on how i can speed up my family's windows XP computer?

Thanks, Brandon

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

post up a dxdiag report :D

3. heres the dxdiag report

Sorry about the late response, my brother is always playing games on the XP.

I attached the report to my post....

Attached Files:

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

5. Ill give the first link a try, the second one is disk defragment which i did already from the control panel. I personally like windows defender because it has found viruses and other harmful files much faster than the virus program on the XP. Widows defender also has a few other useful tools. I have cleaned the registry on the XP with a program. That XP computer feels hopeless. :)

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I've heard the AusLogics defragmenter is far better than the Windows one is why I suggested it.