Woman trampled at Walmart in DVD sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SolidSnake_19, Nov 29, 2003.

1. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Woman trampled at Walmart in DVD sale

From here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3249574.stm

How dumb can some people get? All that for a $30 DVD player that will crap out in a couple months. They didn't even give the woman the cheap player... they just put it on hold.
    Sad.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

eeeish....and the horrors.

3. m o o s e

m o o s e New Member

those freaken retards.

4. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Man oh man, what a bunch of losers....and I thought people were freaking nuts at the Boxing Day Sales...kinda reminds one of the Friend's episode when Monica is shopping with Phoebe and Rachel for her wedding dress and they all go storming into the store...Musta been alot of Monica's in Walmart that day....yeesh!

5. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

Apparently if you want to win a race you have to use your elbows. Push the other person out of the way. I have never done that - but I have never ever won (largely simply because I couldn't).
    Have you watched tv really closely. You may see an actor/actress with a speaking part at that moment push aside an 'extra' to make that that his/her face is on the screen. Apparently that is permissible.

6. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Yeppir Phil, I hear it's called "scene stealing" and is quite prevalent with some actors/actresses.

On the Walmart story, Snake had a good point, why didn't Walmart give her the DVD player for free if they were so concerned about her welfare...I'm sure they could easily afford a $30 machine out of their millions of dollars annual profit ...hmm, considering how cheap some of their "Made in China" stuff is they probably only paid $10 originally for it!

7. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I was running in a race once when someone shouted 'fast runners'. I didn't realise that that was, in effect, an order for slower runners (such as me) to get out of the way. I didn't, largely because I thought it was just an invitation to see how fast fast runners can run.