Troubleshooting wont let me play university

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nlamble66, Oct 25, 2006.

1. nlamble66

nlamble66 New Member

wont let me play university

im trying to download the sims 2 university on my computer with the other 2 older expansions,so when i finish downloading and i go to play,this appears "you are running the wrong version of the sims 2. Please run the sims 2 open for business instead".how am i suppose to play....please help me

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

You need to install them in this order:

The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets. You can't play University because OFB was installed before it. University should be installed straight after Sims 2 base game.

When you say 'downloading' do you mean installing from a CD or downloading from the internet?

3. nlamble66

nlamble66 New Member

i mean installing it

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

My latest EP is OFB. I use the OFB disk to run the game. However, I can still access all the University features, including adding Universities to my neighborhoods.

Try getting into your game through the OFB disk and OFB desktop icon, and see if the option to add a university to your neighborhood is available. There should be a university symbol in the top left corner of the neighborhood game screen.