Wotcha think?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by muffin-tacos, Mar 20, 2008.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Wotcha think?

So, everyone's bursting with new information and screenshots of the Sims 3. What do you think of it so far? Is it what you expected it to be? Surprised or annoyed about the new features? To buy or not to buy? :rolleyes:

2. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

It's a definite "Buy." However, I'm still concerned with a few things.

1. One of the things that disappointed me with The Sims 2 was the hilarity and zaniness that was lost from The Sims. It seems to me that even more of that zaniness is going away.

2. Architectural details. I'm hoping that, in the past few years, they were able to add more exciting architectural possibilities to our Sims' homes and business.

3. While we're on the topic of businesses... do Sims still have the ability to own businesses in the town?

4. Aging. I'm rather concerned that things continue to go on in Sims' lives even while we're not playing them. That means they will get married, arguments will ensue, and relationships will change while we're not around. That does not amuse me.

5. Time. I always thought that time moved a little too fast in-game. I hope that they've slowed it down a bit... but not to the point that the game becomes tedious.

Just my thoughts!

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

all good thoughts, John. (especially would like time to last longer. lol, wouldn't we all really?) I would like the designers to pay attention to details. rug borders should be usable. none of this only one side piece and/or top piece, etc.

would also like more interactions possible... but it would be kind or neat if npc's could instigate interactions, too.

would like the sim character creator to become less superficial... and would like our simmies to be able to change and grow... like a teen boy (or girl) could be hormal yet as they grow up they could move out of that stage.

It might be interesting to only be able to control one sim at a time as long as the rest provided interesting possibilities. life choices would be based on decisions you've already made, as well as being able to admit that a previous decision was totally the wrong one and backtrack a little bit...

and of course I found this after I posted the above comments:

4. muffin-tacos

Can I just say that I think the new TS3 official site sucks? It was a right let down. I had been going around all excited for the past week, expecting something good, and then they give us this. Sheesh, I could find out more if I searched the internet. Plus, I was expecting some videos of the whole thing. I know that the site is new and everything, and they need time to make them, but still. Where are the videos, EA? Give me some good stuff! I'm impatient! At the moment I can find more stuff at Youtube than on their site. -_-

5. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

i disagree, i think sims lives are way too long, thats why i don't make them go on many holidays i just want them to grow up! (especially when they are children/ teenagers)

although adults lives could be a litter longer??

ohwell whatever they decide i can just kill my older sims off :rolleyes:

6. muffin-tacos

I agree with Dolly (can I call you Dolly? ;)). I wouldn't mind my sim children having shorter lives... I always find myself wishing that they would grow up already when I'm playing the game. I think teenagers lives are good as they are, and adults. Elders lives are a tad too short for my liking, but it doesn't really matter since they're just going to die soon anyway. I either want my elders to die quickly because they don't do much, they just take up space, or I don't want them to die at all. :rolleyes:

7. MurderScene.Doll

or you could take matters into your own hands....... :D

8. muffin-tacos

As I often do... :devil: I bow before the person/people who created the Insim and Mereola's painting.

9. MurderScene.Doll

sounds cool, got a link as to where i can download it from?

10. muffin-tacos

Umm, the insimenator can be found at http://www.insimenator.net/
    It's a hack that does a lot of things. I love it. (Read about it on the site.) I don't have the link to Mereola's Multipainting, but if you search this site (and possibly Mod the sims 2) for the word "multipainting" I think a link could come up.

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

12. MurderScene.Doll

thanks for the links!! :)

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

What I meant really has nothing to do with lifespan... but the fact that one real-life second was equal to one sim-minute. I wish that one sim-minute was, perhaps, 1.5 seconds or something.

14. MurderScene.Doll

:eek: oh ok, sorry for the mis-understanding.

i agree with what you said the sims never have much time on their hands. especially with homework, work, aspirations and families.

also in the sims 3 i would maybe like to see it possible for them to get second jobs. especially if the wife is pregnant and they really need the cash, it would really add to the game:)

15. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

I've always thought that the kids weren't kids for long enough. And all that homework they have to do!

In fact, I'm still getting used to the aging thing. I don't want my sims to die :weeping::weeping::weeping:

16. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

i agree: at least for now. but sims 3's just been announced not too long ago, and still in development. for sure as time goes along for a bit more more things will be up.

i suppose they can't release much info yet due to the ongoing development of the game.

17. muffin-tacos

Yeah, but it was still a let down.

18. kate266

kate266 New Member

I wonder if you'll be able to transition from one family/household to another by zooming in on another home and clicking 'play' or something. What if your favourite sim starts falling in love with the town loser, you have to quickly move in and stop that! lol. Or perhaps if you can be alerted in some way of important happenings in the town such as engagements, or flag certain sims.

And I agree, the Sims 3 site was a let down. I didn't learn much from it.

19. inevitablewilliam

inevitablewilliam New Member

I am surprised with the new features and i am just waiting for the 26 oct when it will be released for X-Box

20. chinesegirl

chinesegirl New Member

great,the new features and X-box