Troubleshooting Wrong time display?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by dntelfan, Apr 9, 2006.

1. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

Wrong time display?

I just installed The Sims 2 Nightlife expasnion pack, but now my clock is displayed in 24-hour time instead of the usual AM/PM clock I understand. Is there anyway I can fix this? I don't know why that happened.

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, it was the opposite for me: when I first got Sims 2, it was in military time, but once I installed Nightlife it became AM/PM. I don't know how to fix it...but you get used to the military time after a while.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I so wish mine was in proper 24 hours clock time. It's such a pain trying to work if 12 should AM or PM. In the 24 hour clock midnight can be zero hundred hours or 24 hundred hours, leaving 12 hundred hours for the delicious midday sun that we Englishmen (and women) are so fond of sharing with mad dogs ... you know it makes sense.

4. dntelfan

dntelfan New Member

But if its daylight out, you know it's 12PM. If its dark, it's 12 AM. Silly!

I, on the other hand, find 24-hour time confusing. I guess 24 means midnight? So the early numbers mean earlier in the day? I always forget... I'm gonna have to write it down somewhere.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Tell that to an eskimo :rolleyes:

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Postscript to above. I do realise you were referring to the times in the game, whereas my original comments referred to times generally (IRL). When someone tells me that something is due to start at 12:10am I have a tendency to think of the time: 10 past noon because, physiologically and from habit my body feels that morning lasts from sunrise until lunch-time. I have never eaten a lunch at noon and anyway noon is defined as the moment when the sun reaches its zenith in the sky and not an arbitary 'time' and for most people who live in regions where daylight saving is effected noon occurs at 13:00 (1pm) on more days of the year than it does at 1 second after 12:59.59am.

In my humble opinion there is no such time as 12am or 12 pm. Those times are obviously midnight and midday. Since a time is a dimensionless point of the calendar and midday and midnight separate the ante and post meridianal portions of a 24 hour cycle it is logically unsound to assign the am/pm suffixes to either midday or midnight.

I rest my case, your honor! :rolleyes:

7. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I got used to the 24 hour clock from watching the Simpsons. On NTL the tv guide is in 24 hour clock. I happen to know that on weekdays the Simpsons is on C4 at 18:00-18:30, and again at 19:00-20:00 on Sky One.

That's pretty sad, actually.

But a tip - say the 24 hour clock says 15:00 (3 in the afternoon), just take 12 away from 15. You're left with 3. Ta da!!!