How Do I Yet another question about education

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Yet another question about education

I know about sending your kids to privateschool and all, but I have never tried to have a child that didnt do their homework. if I remember correctly, in Sims 1, they would be sent off to a military academy or something, but is that the same thing in Sims2? And can that child eventually return?

Sorry for the question, which is even more embarrassing, since Ive been playing Sims2 since day one....

2. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

If it's a child then they need to maintain good grades, otherwise they get taken away by the social worker. If it's teenagers then they won't be taken away or sent anywhere, but they will need good grades to get into university (if you have the Uni expansion)
    Also, if your teen has a job then they need to maintain good grades otherwise they'll be fired. Hope that answers your questions :)

EDIT: here's a link for a good thread about private school http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=13419

Rozza xxx

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Jake! It's great to see you again :D!

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hi there Jack! :)

Yep, if a child doesn't do their homework, they get taken away by the social worker. Unless their a teen. And, if one sim-child is getting taken away, the social worker will take all the children/toddlers/infants in the family. :(

5. grigorakis5

grigorakis5 New Member

is there a way to take back the child from the social worker?

6. tochkka

tochkka New Member

Unfortunately, no. :(

(Not without cheating, at least.)

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

If the parents are married, break them up. Then have whatever parent you want to have the child, say, mother, remarry. Have the new spouse call the social worker and ask to adopt a child. If your sim's child is the only one of that age in the adoption pool, you will get that child back. :) I've done this a couple of times.

8. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Hi all. Thanks Josh for the welcome back!

kristalrose. I can always rely on you:)

I will try it out to see what happens.

And what happens if the student is a young adult, that doesnt do his/her homework? Nothing?

9. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

well if it's a teenager then they just get bad grades! No social workers involved there, but if you want them to go to college they'll need to be higher than a C (I think.)
    and if it's a young adult then they'll be able to get through a semester without doing assignments (sp) so long as they always go to class, write their term paper and do research (and the various other things that raise their performance). If their performce at college is still in the red at the end of term, then they will be put on academic probation, which I think will lead to getting kicked out of college, but I've never had a sim on probation, so I don't know the deal wth that really.
    Hope some of that made sense...