You can't take pets with you! And clothes changing problem.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Dec 9, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You can't take pets with you! And clothes changing problem.

I just achieved my first ever "Woohoo with 20 sims" LTW. Just thought I'd share. Henry Roseland was a busy little sim in college, and graduated permaplat.

He then moved in with his parents with the intention of moving out with his two dogs, but you can't do that! Only sims can move out with you. When he moved out again he couldn't afford a lot anymore! I have the no 20K handouts hack, but before he moved in he had exactly enough for the cheapest lot. Plus a lot of gifts he intended to sell. Like I said, he was a busy guy in college.

So now I've got Henry, with nowhere to live. Does he move home with Mom and Dad for a while? What a setback!

Then I remembered ... Pets comes with two occupied houses. So I plopped them down--they're quite cute, BTW--and decided the Kims' house suited Henry best. So he moved in, they moved out ... and now he had a house, and two new pets.

I had his parents put his dogs up for adoption, he adopted them, and sold Gabby the dalmatian to his mom. They needed a new breed to add to the everything breed and I was intending to get a big dog, and she's a sweetie.

So now Henry has two dogs and the cat, Cheech, a nice house and his own boutique, which he bought with the stuff he didn't have to spend on his house.

But now I have a new problem: When he suggests outfits his customers spin around but their outfits don't change!!! Argh. I was so close to transforming Goopy to a hippie!!!

Last time that happened to me it was because my computer couldn't handle the game anymore. Could that be it? Or is it Pescado's clothing tool? That's the only clothing related hack I have.

Has this happened to any of you? I'm getting a new processor for Xmas, which will replace the only sub-par piece of hardware in my machine. Will that solve it?

Or is it something else?

2. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

No idea about the clothes, but pets 'can' move out with the sims. I had one move just recently. Had 3 sims in a home, one of them finally fell in love with the sim I wanted her to marry and she moved out taking 'Bear' the Chow Chow with her. Now they are in their new home and she's married to her sweetheart, Bear is enjoying the new space and they're having a baby and going to buy another Chow. :)
    Might be a bug in your game...or maybe the sim has to have a strong relationship with the pet in order to move out? Not sure...but it is possible to move pets out with sims.

Cass.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hmmm. Well, Henry was the master of both dogs but their relationship suffered while he was away at college, so maybe that's why.

Or it could be another reason I need a new processor. Good thing Christmas is just a couple of weeks away.