Your Opinion on Weather

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 15, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Your Opinion on Weather

Well at E3 it was confirmed that weather will not be in the game. SO what's your take on it? :)

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I don't care if they ever figure it out. It's not something I have any interest in.

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I have delusional hopes they might include weather, climate, and seasons as options the user can control in an expansion pack. :D I want to be able to make a snow covered house and yard with a click of the mouse, or click to make it rain on my sims picnic (or make it rain so I don't have to water the plants outside). Another click for a rainbow my sims can ooh and aah over, or maybe a controlled lightning to click and direct exactly where I want it to hit, depending on my mood! :D And imagine how pretty it would be to click and have it Spring, with trees budding flowers and new leaves, or Fall, with autumn colors and falling leaves.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree with both views. On the one hand I would like to see the seasons change. Fall foliage, winter snows, spring flowers, summers? Brown lawns? Wasps? LOL

On the other hand I am also practical. I'd much rather have more (extra) game-play options (ie deeper and more complex social interactions) than see precious system resources being eaten up with visual flim-flammery. But that's a purely personal preference and (hopefully) there would be an option to "turn off" weather FX anyway.

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I would like weather but I don't mind if it comes out as a EP :)

6. Mystical Druid

Mystical Druid New Member

Weather who needs it.

To be bluntyl honest I don't see hte big deal about weather. Remember it was just to the weather effects. Maybe they could surpize us with the big secret seasons. Of course proportional tiime in mind.

7. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Well weather seemed important to me because in real life, weather is a contributing factor to one's mood. (I.E. Seasonal Depression.) But I do agree that "visual flim-flammery" is more important than it raining or being a sunshiny day in the simworld.

8. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I'm a little dissapointed about no weather. When I first heard about it I got excited that a sim could get zapped by lightning.
    If it comes in a later expansion all will be forgiven. ;) :D

9. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Lol you're on of those "make 'em and kill 'em" kind of simmers 'eh?!? hehehee... more power to ya, I hope you have many successful deaths in the future.... LOL!!!! :LOL:

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Well considering they had the little sims 2 movie of the sim getting zapped by lighting in the hot tub early on, I think a lot of fans were looking forward to that... :p It's always a little disappointing when a feature they showed you to get you interested gets taken out of the final product.

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Even without weather, they could still have lightening strikes!

Don't they have "dry lightening" where you live?

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, Kat ... I thought that too. I mean the kind of lightning that strikes you in the spa isn't really weather when you think about it ... it's just a sign that God isn't feeling too positve about you right now ... [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Crazy_Sims_girl

Crazy_Sims_girl New Member

When I heard that there would be weather I was excited too. But i aint that bothered about them not parting it in, because I'm more looking forward to all the new thing that it will have in the game.:p

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'd always thought of lightning as "weather" but now you've got me wondering if it might still be in the game? :p

15. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Well JEEZ... who cares about weather now 'eh! Just look at those screenshots of the actual gameplay! IT LOOKS SOOOO AWESOME... *panting* oh boy... better sit down before I get dizzy. Hehehe...

16. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Well, I must admit that I was kinda looking forward to weather and being able to change it about. I always found it a bit strange on my Sims game having the Christmas tree download but having a green yard around the house. Of course they had snow in one of the Vacation lots with the snowslide, didn't they? Not quite the same effect. I'm afraid that I'm rather "twisted" like Solidsnake as I was looking forward to "tornado" season, etc. I wanted one of my sims to be able to say those magic words..."I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto!!" :p

17. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Lol yah, I was pretty depressed seeing my "Snow-white Christmas" being anything but snowy...or white... Although that tree sure did spruce up the livingroom. Which brings me to a thought.... I have quite the talent in house making! I've made some pretty snazzy homes for my lil sims... Hehehe... *I don't mean to brag* Hehe...

Which that last lil saying brings me to my next thought... Who here loves "A Night at the Roxbury"?!!?! Aaaahhhh, I love it...!!!! I used to know the whole thing by heart, and now I just know remember the most important parts like...*And I was like... Emilliiioooo* or *We GOT A NUMBER! yeeesss* Hehehehe, me and my church buddy used to re-inact scenes from that movie all the time in Spanish class!!! LOL... We even entertained a big bus full of teens/adults on our way to Acquire the Fire one time!! hehe.... Ok... Move oogling over...

Back to weather... All my concerns right now are whether the game will live up to the high reputation it has accomodated for itself... :)

18. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Which I really really really think it will :D Yay for TS2!!! Ooohhh... I think I'm gonna self-appoint myself to Sims2 cheerleader... I thought my cheerleading days were over, but NO...duty calls... time to dust of those pon-poms! hahaha...

...Or not... :p

AAACCK!! This is post 100!!!! *tear* Oh there it goes, it never fails... :cry: I just got bumped up to Senior Member posish. I'm soo... *sniff sniff*.. happy! :D

19. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

lol! i thought this was about RL weather, weve gotten so much rain lately in the last 2 weeks some farmfields are now lakes..... (babbles on about rain:( cheeky:

20. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yeah, I can see how you could make that mistake right about now! My parents have a farm in Iowa, where my father was born in the farmhouse and grew up there... and they can't plant half their crops OR get to the grain silo of last years crops to sell them... and the company they work with flooded and had water pouring OUT the windows from the inside as it drained, and all the computers there were ruined! :eek: With so much of this affecting my family from so far away it makes me wonder how bad it is for everyone in the middle of all this? :(

And back to sims weather... if they ever did a weather expansion I wonder what floods would be like.... something funny or interesting would have to happen.... any ideas?