Your own built buildings and homes.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sims2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. sims2

sims2 New Member

Your own built buildings and homes.

Some of you may not agree with this. But anyway i thought it would be interesting to see what all your own built buildings/houses looked like. Anyone got any pictures of the ones they have built? I am stuill struggling with the finding pics on PC part, but i havent started to build anything yet LOL!

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hi sims2. Do you mean sim versions of our own real life houses? :) I made one of my own house but it was before Nightlife was released with the garage features, and the house I had made had a fake garage door purely for decoration. I haven't yet made a new version with a properly functioning garage.

You should be able to find pictures from the Neighbourhood folders - have you checked those? :)

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

We had a house brag thread a while back. You could search for "house brag." Or, just post pix of your own to get the ball rolling in this thread.

I don't have any houses to post right now, or I'd help you out.

What might also be interesting would be pictures of a house that started small and then grew. That's what I'm doing with the lot I'm playing now. Small house, big lot, lots of room to grow.

4. sims2

sims2 New Member

House brag?

Yep i mean anyone that took a snapshot of their home or whatever:)

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Here are some pics of some houses I built a while back. :) They look even better in the game, and I only furnished them barely for photo purposes. Now they have much more character in my game as I added lots of new things. :)

Attached Files:

6. sims2

sims2 New Member

WOWEE theyre awesome=D that home must have taken a good while to build LOL! You know the room with the exercising machine in it? Well did you download half the furniture in there?

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I second Sims2's opinion, Hugz. Those are awesome houses. I do like the comfy look of that exercise room.

8. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Those houses look great and really sim-friendly, but I can't bear to have such spacious rooms--it just looks unrealistic to me. I guess it's just from my messy nature. I know my house is going to be packed to the brim with a whole bunch of junk. My sims are lucky to have a one-square wide walking way between all the furniture.

9. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Thanks everyone. :eek: The first pic in that set is probably one of my favourite houses to play. The layout is great and it works really well in-game. The house with the enclosed pool was based on a Florida villa, but I don't really play it.

I was trying to find more pics of houses but I think they may now be lost since my computer crashed last December and I can't find a backup. Anyway, if you wanna take a peek, they can be found on my Simpage - http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=529733

The house that I made of my own house has no stairs or working garage as it was pre-Nightlife. My stairs are a U shape and I couldn't be bothered at the time to learn how to make U shaped stairs lol.

I rarely put effort into creating nice gardens/outdoor features. I guess that should be a new focus for me in Sims 2. :)

How about everyone else? Share your pics! :)

10. sims2

sims2 New Member

Ya, that was the general gag haha =D I have never had cosy looking rooms that actually look different for once. I do not know whether it is me being too lazy to build ahome from scratch or alter an already built home around,or whether i just simply havent got the furniture LOL!:)Sometimes i am undecided on whether to make a huge home although half the time i dont think it is worth it because i dont have that many familymembers and i rarely combine house memberseither so a lot of the home hardly gets used LOL! "hugsncuddles" those are totally neat=D