2009 - What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 3, 2009.

1. wishfulanthony

wishfulanthony A Proud San Franciscan

I have a complicated life at the moment... combining summer school, doctor's appointments (every two weeks), and volunteering. But, I can manage all of them!

Also, yesterday, I've finally booked my classes for the Fall Semester at UC Berkeley where I will be majoring in Urban Studies. Details can be seen here: http://www.anthonynachor.com/ and it's entitled "Fall 2009 Schedules (Tentative)"

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Nothing except hard labor on the graveyard shift!

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

0_o...

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Why on earth are you working graveyard?

5. wishfulanthony

Wait, wait, wait... Graveyard shifts? I'd love doing that for a while, especially when the "big bosses" are not around... :)

6. swmeek

Well it goes like this .
    Back in May I got layed off (told it was permanent) but I was thinking to myself once they figure things out they'll probably call me back real soon. (I was on 2nd shift then).So a couple of weeks go by and yes they called me back to work .
    I figured it wouldn't take long as the line for the lowest person layed off was only 7 or 8 names above me senority wise.
    So I get called back to day shift as an operator on a molding press. (plastic injection molding making car parts)
    It was a far cry from being a fork truck driver but at least I had a job, did that for a 2 weeks then got bumped back to second shift as an operator for around 3 weeks.
    Finally I get my bid job back as a fork(lift) truck driver only it's on third shift.
    If I didn't take that then I would have had to disqualify myself from that bid job and lose all my senority in that department.
    Now just so you get an idear of how long I've been there August 7th this year will be 14 years for me working there and I've been driving a fork lift for about 9 years.
    So I've been working 3rd shift for around a month and it's not all that bad.
    I'm back on a forklift doing what I like instead of sweating my butt off working as an operator with some people I honestly can't stand to work with .

7. wishfulanthony

So let me think where you work... do you work either in a...

- container port?
    - distribution warehouse?
    - construction area?
    - or other?

Just wondering...

8. swmeek

Factory and I work in the shipping department part of it!
    At least I'm off after tonight.
    I going to tear my computer down and clean it up real good and redo the thermal grease on my cpu and do a few other things. (hopefully)

9. ManagerJosh

Hopefully? It sounds like your computer caught fire or something.

10. wishfulanthony

[Swmeek] Really? What happened to your computer?

11. swmeek

Nothing other than some much needed maintence won't fix!
    It needed to have the dust blowed out of it so I took it all apart and cleaned it good plus I'd bought some new thermal grease and applied it.
    Works great now !

12. wishfulanthony

That's good to hear! Speaking of which, I'm in tears... someone important to me has died recently due to cardiac arrest as a result of a year's fight with colon cancer.

13. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

My condolences Anthony!

14. swmeek

You have my condolences too Anthony!

15. ManagerJosh

Want to share who it is?

16. wishfulanthony

Her name was former Philippine President Corazon Aquino. Her burial was yesterday, and I watched that almost in entirety on television and online. I even wrote two blog entries about her.

17. ManagerJosh

So what's new with me? Well developing some nice technology to ease the login process. More details later on that.

Plus on the senior project front, going bald. So much to do! So little time!

18. ManagerJosh

What's new?

Senior Project - DONE! YAY!