Troubleshooting A blank want panel glitch...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Hannahry, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hannahry

Hannahry New Member

A blank want panel glitch...

Ive been playing the Sims 2 University a lot lately, and a glitch on the wants panel has come up - I have done many searches trying to find out if anyone has had this problem too, but ive had no luck so far.
    Everything on the wants/fears panel seemed to function correctly until the end of the freshman year for 1 of my 4 young adult sims. This one sim wants seems to just suddenly disappear from the panel, leaving me with just 3 fears. The want boxes are still there, just empty as such.
    This glitch happened after all 4 of my sims had taken their exams (they went at the same time) 3 of my sims had chosen their major, this other sim didnt - so when they all came back, the ones which had a major chosen, now had an extra want in their panel (5 instead of 4), but this other sim came home with the standard 4 slots. And ive had trouble with his panel ever since. Sometimes I can get his wants back by going out in a taxi and coming home, but then i can forfill his wants and they can just disappear, with no want as a replacement. So ultimately he can had a day with no wants, go to sleep and wake up again with no wants in my panel still.

I apologise greatly for how long my message is, and i hope that it makes sense. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thankyou for your time guys!
    Hannah.

2. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

This has happened to me a few times with various sims. I just save the game and when I go back to the main screen all of their wants appear. Your problem may be deeper though if it is not solved as easily as just saving the game.

3. Hannahry

Hannahry New Member

Yeah its strange as saving does not make any difference lol! But yet taking that sim out in a taxi does *shrugs* hehe.
    After a few hours of playing the sims 2 uni again, with the glitch still intact on the character i decided to leave him be, and eventually over time he got some wants, and upon completing them more did appear! It was so random lol.
    Anyway thanks for your reply, its good to hear i'm not the only one with this little problem! :)
    Hannah.

4. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

Yeah I got that glitch too, but only with the Maxis's families (Goth, Lothario, etc...), not with the families I create. So, because of this, I think this glitch happens only when you have saved games before installing "seasons". This is not a definitive response, it's just a guess.
    Now, even when I delete the saved games folder, the glitch still happens with the Maxis's families in the newly generated folder. The player's families do not have this glitch if they're created after installing all the expansions and stuff packs, but some families may have it if you installed seasons and went to play your currently existing saved games. But I think the problem corrects itself, at least with the Maxis's families. When they get all wants slots refilled again, they never go blank again. At least I did not see it happening again (blank slots I mean).

I don't know if this is a bug either, but it seems that my first couple always have the same lifetime goals. I created and recreated them a lot of times, until finally deciding to save the my documents folder, so if the testings I do sometimes go wrong, I have a backup which I can restart to play immediately. But everytime I recreated them (same appearence, same everything, everytime I recreated them...so maybe even all this is paramount to the game decide which want they'll have ?), the husband always wants to marry 6 kids and the wife always wants to be a culinarie celebrity. Is this a bug ? hehe LOL !!
    I tried to use SimPE to change the husband's want (because to marry 6 kids, c'mon...), but I got this in-game "This Sim Lifetime goal is: To improve $value skills"... it should have been showing "7" instead of "$value", so I gave up trying with SimPE to change the lifetime goals.

See ya !!!