a joke for...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by suitemichelle, Mar 17, 2004.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

and another one

How to install a wireless security system:

1. Go to a second-hand store, buy a pair of men's used work boots, a really big pair.

2. Put the boots outside your front door on top of a copy of "Guns and Ammo" magazine.

3. Put a dog dish beside it.....a really big dish.

4. Leave a note on your front door that says something like this:
    "Bubba, big Mike and I have gone to get more ammunition & beer - back in 1/2 an hour.
    Don't disturb the Pit bulls...... they've just been wormed."

2. suitemichelle

This one is for Josh... maybe it will help his writers block?

;) PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST. KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN. THEY HAVE NEITHER BEEN RETOUCHED NOR CORRECTED. INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.

1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.

2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.

3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.

4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.

5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED ASTRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.

6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.

7. MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS.

8. THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.

10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.

11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA. THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.

12. THE GREATEST MIRACLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.

13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.

14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVID'S SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.

15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.

16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.

17. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.

18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD.

19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EXPLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.

20. IT WAS A MIR! ACLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.

21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.

22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.

23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN..

24. ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.

25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Woman, found dead lying on the kitchen floor, surrounded by cornflakes.

Police suspect a cereal killer.

4. suitemichelle

very funny!:D

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

It is, Babe, but Michelle's post -- children and the bible stories -- well, I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard. :D

"...one spouse. This is called Monotony..." Oh, it hurts, it hurts.:D

6. suitemichelle

...and a comentary by Andy Rooney.

I thought that was why we played sims... no 'monotony' there...

and on a lighter note:

Subject: Women over 40

Andy Rooney's Comments on Women Over 40**

This is for all you girls 40 years and over and
    for those who are turning 40, and for those who are
    scared of moving into their 40's ..

AND for guys who are scared of girls over
    40!!!!This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60
    Minutes.

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40
    most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle
    of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She
    doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game,
    she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does
    something she wants to do. And, it's usually something
    more interesting.

A woman over 40 knows herself well enough to be
    assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and
    from whom. Few women past the age of 40 give a ****
    what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a
    screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle
    of an expensive restaurant.

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate
    to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often
    undeserved. They know what it's like to be
    unappreciated.

A woman over 40 has the self-assurance to
    introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman
    with a man will often ignore even her best friend
    because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.
    Women over 40 couldn't care less if you're attracted
    to her friends because she knows her friends won't
    betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to
    confess your sins to a woman over 40. They always
    know.

A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red
    lipstick. This is not true of younger women.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over
    40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

A woman over 40 is forthright and honest. They'll
    tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are
    acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where
    you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of
    reasons.

Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every
    stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there
    is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool
    of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I like that one a lot, Michelle. So true, if I do say so myself. :p

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I love it!

OK, here's one that will drive you crazy:

Did you know you can sing the theme from Gilligan's Island to the tune of Amazing Grace, and vice versa?

AAAAAH!

Oh, and nearly all of Emily Dickinson's poems can be sung to the tune of "The Yellow Rose of Texas."

Yes, I know, I'm evil. :p

9. suitemichelle

OH Thankyou! I really needed to know that. lol now if I could only remember all the words to gilligan's island.:D

10. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Warning: Americans may have a bit of trouble.

Ms May was an avid Collingwood (team from Australian Football League) supporter, and a big match was about to take place. One day she asked her transition class "Who goes for Collingwood?". All the children hadn't heard about football very much, so they all raised their hands, except little Jenny down the back.

"Who do you go for?" asked Ms May.
    "Brisbane Lions" (arch-rival of Collingwood) replied little Jenny.
    "And why is that?" asked Ms May, now slightly frustrated.
    "Well, my Mum's a BL supporter, and my Dad's a BL supporter, so I guess I'm a BL supporter." replied Jenny cheerfully.
    "Well, what if your Mum was a moron, and your Dad was an idiot?" growled Ms May angrily.

"I'd be a Collingwood supporter!" she replied. :D

Someone might have already posted that one, I wasn't sure...

Alison, 14

11. suitemichelle

I've seen that joke in a different incarnation... but fun to see it from a different point of view. thanx

[​IMG] okay how do I get this picture to print?

12. suitemichelle

another joke from my cousin for all 12 year olds near and far...

:rolleyes: Subject: Lipstick
    For all you "Educators."

LIPSTICK IN SCHOOL

According to a news report, a certain school in Garden City, MI was recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the washroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to their mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints. Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. He called all the girls to the washroom and met them there with the maintenance man. He explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirror every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, he asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.
    He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY...
    There are teachers, and then there are Educators.

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Haha! That was funny! But, seriously...who kisses their mirror? They'd mess up their lipstick, right?

14. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

LOL, I read this one and couldn't stop laughing. I'm not from Canada, but it's too funny not to share!

Now that Vancouver has won the chance to host the 2010 Winter Olympics these are some questions people the world over are asking!!!!

Believe it or not these questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website (frightening, isn't it!) Obviously the answers are a joke; but the questions were really asked!!!!!.

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow?(UK)
    A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street? (USA)
    A: Depends on how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto-can I follow the Railroad tracks? (Sweden)
    A: Sure, it's only Four thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada?(Sweden)
    A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: It is imperative that I find the names and addresses of places to contact for a stuffed Beaver. (Italy)
    A: Let's not touch this one.

Q: Are there any ATM's (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax? (UK)
    A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada?
    (USA )
    A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Ca-na-da is that big country to your North...oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Canada? (USA)
    A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada? (UK)
    A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
    A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Vancouver and in Calgary, straight after the hippo races.Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Canada? (Germany)
    A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you sell it in Canada? (USA)
    A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in British Columbia where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
    A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada? (USA)
    A: Only at Thanksgiving.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round?(Germany)
    A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada, but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns. (USA)
    A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go?(USA)
    A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.

15. suitemichelle

I'm not sure if some of the moronic ideas we have about our neighbors are more sad than funny... but it was good for a chuckle anyway. Thanx

16. suitemichelle

Have I found a joke for Lynet yet?

Subject: A quick thinker for a son who thought he was smarter than his Dad!!!

Subject: Haircut/car/haircut/car.....

A young boy had just gotten his driver's permit and inquired of his father, an evangelist, if they could discuss his use of the car.

His father said, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about the car"

Well, the boy thought about that for a moment, and decided that he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks they went in to the study, where his father said, "Son, I've been real proud. You've brought your grades up, and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, and participating a lot more in the Bible study groups. But, I'm real disappointed, since you haven't gotten your hair cut."

The young man paused a moment, and then said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair and there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long hair also."

To this his father replied, "Did you also notice that they all
    walked everywhere they went?"

17. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

The Canada jokes were excellent! And that car haircut thing - LMAO!

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I love it Michelle. Am I the Lynet you're talking about in the title of your post? All your jokes are great. I often print them out and take them to work.

My own son has shaved all the hair off his head because he started going bald and decided he might as well do a complete job of it. He's not even 30 years old yet.

19. suitemichelle

Is there any other Lynet? I don't think so...:)

20. suitemichelle

To anyone out there with little boys....

Things I've learned from my boys (honest and not kidding:(

The following allegedly came from an anonymous mother in Austin, Texas...

1.) A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 x 20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before
    you get a hit. But, the ceiling fan can hit a baseball a good distance.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject "PB&J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.