a thai problem....

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by yulkes, Jun 12, 2002.

1. yulkes

yulkes New Member

a thai problem....

i've been to thailand and bought a collection of all the sims games (including vacation). when i installed on my computer in israel, i found out that the opening screen is in thai, and the games isn't working.
    what can i do?
    can i contact anyone?
    tnx, yulkes

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The game was coded in Thailand (or hacked) but usually to get your computer to display in your language, you buy in your homeland :)

Next issue would be concerning piracy and whether your version is legit.

3. lworley

lworley New Member

Adding

I'm just adding that also some games, due to how they were coded and some operating systems *no names mentioned* microcrap :rolleyes: are very perculiar when it comes to other coded games. (For example US operating system and chinese game)

In such some systems they won't accept games from other countries as thai and israel are completely different, although i know us and uk english works fine together.

Confused think of it like a dvd player and regions, the world is split up and only games from a particular area can play in that area, although this is old and hardly used now but that may be the problem.

shoot, took longer than i thought:confused: