A UNI Romance

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

A UNI Romance

(Person, this is mushy, so do not read after lunch. ;) :p )

Kyle Simpson is the youngest child of Tina and Barthalomew Simpson. He's had a hard life. When he was a baby his parents divorced. His father moved into a mansion and soon started dating an odd woman. Soon, he stopped visiting and calling during the daytime. One day, his mother recieved a phone call saying that Bart had apparently burst into flames beside his pool of all places. Tina remarried Elijah Warner and moved into his home about the same time Kyle started college.

Also moving into the dorm that day were the Yokel sisters, Peggy Sue and Mabel. Mabel, the younger sister, is blonde, smart, and popular with the boys. Peggy has none of these qualities. She's always been an outgoing sort of girl, not very pretty, but she tries really hard. She wants to be an artist and loves painting and playing the piano.

Kyle stayed to himself the first few semesters. He went to class, ate in the cafeteria, and did his homework. One evening during his sophomore year, he recieved a concerning phone call from his step-sister, Virginia.

"Hey, Kyle, have you been home to visit your mom and my Dad lately?"

"No. Why?"

"Well, I went by to check on them because they haven't been calling me or showing up for work. I was worried about the baby. . "

"Baby!? What baby?"

"We have a baby sister, Adrianna. Didn't your Mom tell you?"

"No! I haven't talked to Mom since I came to college!"

"Kyle, that was a year and a half ago! Anyway, I went to check on them, and wound up staying all day and keeping Adrianna out of the toilet. She's a cutie, but a little, ummm, busy. Dad and Tina stayed in their room all day, wouldn't come out."

Kyle shook his head. "That's not like Mom. She's a really busy, active woman."

"Yeah, I know. I always liked your mom, Kyle. So, anyway, they came out about dusk. They were both dressed in black. My Dad hates black. And they looked different. They're vampires, Kyle!!"

Kyle was shocked. There had been rumors around town that his father had been a vampire. Now, his mother too? He couldn't handle the trauma. He thanked Virginia sheepishly, and then turned to the bubble-blower for comfort.

Floating there among the bubbles, he forgot his problems. He stayed there long after his dormmates went to sleep. Except for Peggy Sue. She had been up worrying and crying softly in the ladies restroom. She had not been able to make any friends at all in her three semesters at college! No one talked to her, no one looked her way. Everywhere sister Mabel went, boys looked at her with hearts in their eyes. But not Peggy. She decided that she, too, would loose herself in the calming bubbles of the bubble-blower.

"May I join you?" She asked Kyle sheepshly.

"Sure." Kyle didn't even look up to see who was joining him. He just stared at the pretty pink bubbles and giggled.

Soon, he heard the most unusual, high pitched giggle he'd ever heard in his life. He imagined that it sounded like the music of a fairy playing a tiny flute. He was bewitched as he looked at her, floating and laughing.

The bubbles had calmed him enough that he was able to begin a conversation with her. They had seen each other around the dorm, had even spoken and played music together on occasion, but never had they had the opportunity to get to know each other.

As they talked, Peggy Sue realized that she was seeing the same look in Kyle's brown eyes that she had seen so many boys have for her sister. It was the hearts! Those hearts were burning a hole through her!! She almost turned around to see if Mabel had come into the common room. Nope, she knew that Mabel was still asleep. They were alone, and the hearts in Kyle's eyes were for her!!!

(TO BE CONTINUED)​

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The Next Morning. . .

Mabel Yokel awoke with a start. She was alone in her bed!!! This was an odd occurance because, in the past few weeks, her sister Peggy Sue had taken to sharing Mabel's big double bed. Peggy was having a hard time making friends and Mabel was doing her best to support her, even if that meant listening to her whine all night about being ugly until she cried herself to sleep.

Mabel woke up and walked into the common room. Two buddies of hers, Edward Dawson and Bambi Hicks, were cuddled on the couch, watching football. Eddie gave Mabel a slow wink, reminding her that he might be holding Bambi today, but his heart was Mabel's for the taking.

She wasn't intersted. "Have you guys seen Peggy Sue?" She asked.

Bambi pointed at the abandoned bubble-blower in the corner. "She and Kyle were sitting there talking and giggling when I got up this morning. I heard them say something about having the munchies and when I came out of the shower, they weren't here."

"That's strange," Mabel muttered, and walked downstairs to the cafeteria. There was Peggy Sue, stretched out on the futon, sleeping soundly. Mabel, relieved, hurried back upstairs to shower and change for class.

Kyle had slept long into the afternoon and had missed his physics class. He awoke with a headache and a growling stomach, and the biggest smile he'd ever had in his life!

He showered and went to the cafeteria. Eddie Dawson heckled him about sleeping all day (Yeah, vampire jokes are not funny, creep!). Kyle ignored him and started eating his chilli.

Peggy Sue entered the dorm, back from class. She saw Kyle in the cafeteria and ran, as fast as she could, upstairs to shower. She had awoken quite late and had dashed off to class without so much as brushing her teeth or changing out of her gnome-pj's. Of course, she's an artist, and so no one really paid her any mind.

Kyle saw a flash of red locks barrelling up the stairs and wondered if it was Peggy. Last night he had felt so comfortable talking with her! They had laughed, shared secrets, and just floated together. He wanted that feeling again, wanted to be near her again. But, first, he must take care of his responsibilities, which means coursework. Instead of hurrying upstairs to the common room, Kyle spent the rest of the evening finishing his term paper and studying for tomorrow's exam.

Peggy Sue came downstairs about midnight and saw the lock on his door. "Should I knock?" She wondered. Bambi Hicks stopped her. "Honey, I know what you're thinking. I know Kyle pretty well, since elementary school. He only loves his books. He doesn't even talk to his family. In fact, I used to go steady with his step-brother, Anikan. I don't even think Kyle has said two words to Ani since they started college. I know, Ani's green and looks a little strange and everything, but he's really a good person. . . " Bambi trailed off, then hugged Peggy Sue's shoulders. "You know, Mabel and I should take you out sometimes, just us girls. Maybe go shopping, go sing Kareoke. Would you like that?"

Peggy Sue nodded, feeling flattered and hurt at the same time. Bambi had grown up next door. She and Mabel had always been best friends, attatched at the hip. Peggy Sue had always felt like a thrid wheel, but had wanted so badly to have Bambi's friendship as well.

So, what would it take to get Kyle's attention? A makeover? She had one when she came to college. More bubbles? Was that the only time he felt comfortable enough to talk to her? Was last night real? Or was it all some soap-induced fantasy.

To Bambi's complete shock, Peggy Sue burst into tears and ran upstairs. She startled Mabel out of her studying as she ran through the common room. Other students stopped their dart-games and dancing just to watch her pass through. The door to Mabel's dorm room opened and slammed with a thud, the locked sign coming on to tell everyone "Do Not Disturb."

Bambi came to the top of the stairs and looked sheepishly at Mabel. "I think Peggy Sue's in love with Kyle." She said simply.

Mabel shook her head and silently returned to her Psychology.​

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Well I don't think it's too mushy. :p I'm waiting for the next installment.

4. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

Good start!

5. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I actually didn't feel sick. Good job, KR! ;)

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Ah, young lust. :D

Poor little Peggy Sue. She shouldn't listen to Bambi, the interfering bimbo. :rolleyes:

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Two Days Later

Peggy Sue is on the balcony painting a still life of the beautiful campus gardens. She can loose herself in painting. No matter what ugliness surrounds her life, here on the canvas, the world is beautiful.

She barely hears the door open and shut behind her. People come out onto the balcony all the time, but no one ever disturbs her. She concentrates on getting the correct blend of purple and yellow to represent the fall pansies when she hears Kyle's voice behind her. "That is absolutely beautiful."

Peggy Sue doesn't look up. "Thank you."

"You know, I haven't seen you around much since the other night. I'm sorry. There were things I needed to do. It's finals time, you know."

"I know. I got a B+ on mine, but I'll be you got an A on yours, didn't you?"

Kyle cleared his throat nervously. "Yeah, I did. See, I'm working towards moving out of the dorms. I can't stand all the activity, the distractions. I'm trying to make straight A's and get the highest scholarship awards, so I can afford to rent one of those nice towhouses right there." He pointed at the row of three luxury townhouses across the quad. "And I want a car. I get very tired of walking everywhere I go."

"Well, it's nice to have dreams." Peggy Sue said airilly. She didn't tell him that before this semester, she'd also carried an A average. Her lonlieness and stress levels had caused her grades to plummett.

"Peggy Sue, are you mad at me?" Kyle asked, softly stroking her arm.

She methodically placed the paintbrush and paints on the easel's tray and then turned to him, meeting his level gaze with her own. "I value honesty above all else, Kyle. I am myself, I am real, 100% of the time. Things have happened in my life, dark things, that make this very important to me."

Kyle sputtered, "I have been honest with you. . I didn't lie to you the other night! Why would you think. . . "

Peggy Sue cut him off. "I needed to know that you were studying, and that you were planning for the future, and that's why you didn't come around. I needed to know that it wasn't because. . ."

Kyle understood. The heartbreak in her eyes told it all. She had thought that he had regretted allowing her to get close to him. Silently, he caressed her cheek. She looked down at the ground, blushed, and then looked back to him, a tear forming in one eye. Awquardly, Kyle's lips brushed hers, then a little more forcefully.

When the kiss ended, Peggy Sue blurted out, "That was my first kiss."

Kyle laughed. "Mine too. Boy, was it a doosey!"

Peggy Sue then gave Kyle a hard squeeze. "If you want to have anything with me, don't ever shut me out like that again. Got it, ya big dummy!"

Kyle nodded. "I wanted to ask you something. I know I said I was saving for my plans, but I was wondering, if you would like to go downtown with me tonight? Dinner, dancing?"

"Sure!! Just give me an hour or two to clean up! I have paint all over me!"

Kyle gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "An hour, but no more. Besides, you look beautiful to me now, just like you are."

In her excitement, Peggy Sue did a little backwards curtsey. She then ran inside the dorm and screamed for Mabel, who was playing darts with Bambi and Anikan Warner.

"What is it!?" Mabel asked, sounding a little peeved.

Bambi understood when she noticed Kyle re-entering the common room behind Peggy Sue. She grabbed Mabel by one hand, Peggy by the other, and whispered, "In my dorm, hurry, tell us everything!"

"Umm, umm, we'll be back, Ani!" Mabel called over her shoulder.

"Yeah, excuse us, sweetie!" Bambi hollered.

Ani watched Bambi's dorm room shut and slowly blinked his huge black eyes. "Women!" He exclaimed to Kyle. But Kyle had already slipped downstairs to change for his date.

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The Dream Date

"Okay, so, what happened, tell us everything, and don't spare the slobbery details!" Bambi ordered as she flopped down on her bunk and brushed her long blonde wisps out of her face.

"I don't have time! He asked me on a date! I need to shower, I need to get ready. . . "

Mabel squealed. "A date! A real date! OMIGAWD, SIS!!" She clapped her hands with delight.

"Go take your shower, Peg. I know exactly what you can wear." Bambi was looking through her bureau. "I have this pretty purple top and some sexy low-cut khakis that are too small for me now. . . darn sophomore spread!"

"Oh, and I have some purple jewelry that goes really well with that. . " Mabel stood up, looked deeply into her sister's face. "Humm, you need to wear your hair down, maybe we can blow it out, have it do a little flip move."

"I don't know, I thought I'd pin it back?" Peggy Sue turned to Bambi's mirror, and pulled her hair back with her hands, uncovering two gigantic ears.

"No!" Bambi and Mabel shouted together. "Must Keep hair down!"

"C'mon, sis, go hit the showers, we'll take care of everything. Poor Kyle's not going to know what hit him!" Mabel chuckled, tugging her overwhelmed but happy sister off to the girl's shower room.

* * * * * * *​

At exactly and hour and ten minutes later, Peggy Sue Yokel appeared at the bottom of the Dorm's stairwell. Kyle Simpson was waiting patiently. He had also showered, shaved, and changed into a nice yellow polo shirt. He greeted Peggy Sue with a hug and pretended not to see the gaggle of gawking blonde harpies peering at them from the upstairs landing. "You look breathtaking," he whispered. ​

They took a taxi to Londeste, a five star restaurant and club. Peggy Sue felt a little nervous, and wondered if she was under dressed. Kyle offered her his arm like a gentleman from a movie. Feeling flustered and happy, she took his arm and walked into the restaurant.

After they were seated, a pretty red-head brought them menus and waited patiently for their orders. "I don't know what I want." Peggy sighed. "I've never eaten here before. What's good?"

Kyle smiled. "Anything you want. Ever had lobster thermidor?"

"Wow! No! Bambi's mother made us some salmon once, but burnt it, and swore she'd never make seafood again!" She laughed her tinkling laugh, and looked up to see those hearts shooting out of Kyle's eyes again.

"The lady will have the Lobster Thermidor, and I'll have the same, please. And may I also order your finest champagne. We are celebrating tonight."

"Very good, sir!" The waitress scribbled everything down and hurried away, returning with the champagne almost instantly.

"Wow, Kyle!" Peggy giggled again as Kyle poured two glasses. "What are we celebrating?"

"To The end of the semester, to new beginnings. To our future, to us. Cheers!" Kyle lightly tapped his glass to hers, and they both drank deeply.

Peggy Sue felt her head swimming, and it wasn't from the drink. It was from the man, sitting across the table. His deep brown eyes drank her in. His soft chestnut hair begged for her fingers to touch it. Without thinking, she blew him a kiss. He smiled, and then covered her hand with his. They stared across the table, studying every inch of each other's features, feeling the warmth of their hands together. Both of them felt it at that moment, an emotion almost unfathomable, irrational, and joyful at the same time. They were in love!

They made small talk as they ate. Peggy Sue bragged on the food and made little jokes that made Kyle laugh. Neither one of them could recall the taste of their dinner later, but both agreed that it was the best meal they had ever eaten.

Kyle stood up upon clearing his plate and held out his hand. "Come dance with me, please?"

Peggy Sue took his hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor. "Tonight has been perfect." She sighed as she placed her head on Kyle's shoulder. "I've never had a date this wonderful before!"

Kyle sniffed. "I've never had a date before, Peggy. I've never allowed myself the chance to get close to anyone. All I ever cared about was my studies and learning, and science."

"But there is so much more to life, Kyle. There's color, and beauty, and laughter, and. . ." she inched her hands down to touch his bottom, smiling as his surprised reaction, "There's passion. And love."

Kyle caressed her back, then kissed her deeply. "I'm ready to go home. How about you?" He asked breathlessly.

"Most definitely! But first, I need to freshen up in the ladies room."

"Of course, it's right behind you. I'll go call a cab."

Kyle watched Peggy disappear wistfully behind the ladies room door, and then caught sight of something peculiar. A bat! There was a bat in the lounge!! In a puff of smoke, the bat transformed into a man wearing a long black cape. He stood outside the ladies room, as if he too were waiting for Peggy Sue to emerge.

"Ohhh, Jayyyy!" A familiar voice called from the sofa behind Kyle. "I'm sure that there are more, ummm, available ladies to meet tonight. That one is off limits. Understand?"

Kyle gasped as he whirled about to face the raven-haired beauty emerging from the shadows. "Mother! How long have you been there?"

"Oh, long enough, baby. Come give Mom a hug, hurry, before she comes out."

Kyle hugged her quickly, not wanting to get to close. She looked very different, paler, toothier.

"Sweet girl, Kyle. I can read her thoughts, now. And yours, as well. Son, don't be afraid to feel. I know that well, things have not always been right for you. And I'm sorry about that. But, trust me, as your mother, that I love you. And so does she."

Kyle blinked. "Really? You think so?"

"Her love for you, her passions, well, that's what attracts creatures like my friend Count Jay." Tina looked over her shoulder at Jay, now seated at the bar. "But don't worry, Mother will keep you and yours safe, always. I do not want you to end up a creature like me."

Tina slipped the diamond ring off her finger and placed it in Kyle's pocket. "It's the one your father gave me once. I've kept it for you, sweet boy. You may not think the time is right, but it is. Again, trust me."

Peggy emerged from the ladies room and saw Kyle in the company of the woman that she had known as Dr. Tina Simpson. She walked up shook her hand, and said, "Remember me, Dr. Simpson? You took care of me once, when I had the flu."

Tina smiled, showing her fanged teeth. "I remember, Peggy Sue. How's your mother, dear?"

Peggy stiffened at the mention of her own mother. "She's fine, thank you."

Tina grinned again, feeling the waves of revulsion Peggy Sue produced at the mention of her mother. "You two, go on, have fun. The night is young, and love is blooming. I'll see you another night."

"What was that all about?" Peggy Sue asked, her mocha-colored eyes narrowing as she watched Kyle's mother join Count Jay at the bar.

"Nothing. Mom was, ummm, just telling me that she approves." Kyle smiled, and took Peggy Sue's hand. In a rush of impulsively, he dropped to one knee.

"Kyle!?"

"I don't care. I know it's one date. I know that we've never even. . well, woo hooed. I know that this makes no sense. But I love you, and I know you love me. Don't you, Peggy Sue?"

Peggy covered her heart with her one hand. "I do love you, Kyle."

"Peggy Sue Yokel, when I move into the townhouse next month, I want you to go with me as my fianc. Will you agree to that? And, when we graduate, will you be my wife?"

Peggy Sue felt faint when he pulled a diamond ring out of his trouser pocket and offered it to her. Was this right? It was happening so fast? She couldn't think, couldn't see anything except him, looking adorable on one knee, and that huge, glimmering rock.

"YES!! YES!! OMIGAWD, YES, KYLE!!" She shouted. Kyle slipped the ring onto her finger, and the two of them embraced.

Behind them, Countess Tina sniffed and sipped her red wine. Oh, yes, she knew their secrets, both of them. But tonight, there would be joy, and romance. Her youngest son would be happy, she would make sure of that. She owed him that much.

9. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Good stuff so far. It's nice that these two outcasts found each other. You just started writing and I like them already. Can you include pictures so I can have a visual of them as I'm reading.
    Why doesn't Kyle have anything to do with his family? He didn't even stop to talk to his step brother Anikan.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I took some pictures last night, but they're on my hard drive at home and I forgot to upload them to photobucket so I could link to them here at work. Besides, they are a little farther into the story than I've been able to get to. :) I do have some picture of their families around here in old threads, let me see. . . I'll be back.

Oh, and, thanks y'all. For some reason, this one is much easier and more fun to write than the "Daily Herald" style I started with once before.

Edit: Here is some back story and even a few pics of some of the supporting characters, like Kyle's parents. http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=5809&page=2&highlight=River+Valley+Daily+Herald I'll post pics this evening. :)

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Pictures!!!!

Okay,I'm home. :) (Shhhhh, no body tell my boss.)

1) Kyle Simpson
    2) Peggy Sue Yokel
    3) Mabel Yokel
    4) The Yokel Family in happier times. Notice Peggy Sue, front and center, ham that she is. :)

Attached Files:

12. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Peggy Sue's looks must take after her mom's side of the family eh? Anyway, it's a great start already, and I'm excited to read more!

13. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Wow, um, Peggy's...homely looking. :eek:

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Moving Day

She heard her voice, muffled. "Yes, that really was a dream date last night. hehehehe, you say the darndest things! You really have the prettiest green eyes I've ever seen."

Put her homework down beside the front door. Take her A+ paper and put it in her pocket. Daddy's at work, and so is big brother Billy Jack. Mabel is at Bambi's house. Mom probably thought that she would go with Mabel next door.

"Can you come over? I need you! I need those lips I tasted last night at the club. . . "

"Mom!! Who are you talking to!!"

Mom hangs the phone up, looking emberassed. "I'm talking to Daddy, honey. Why don't you go across the street and play with the other girls?"

Instead she ran to her bedroom. She flung herself down on her bed and burried her face into her faded yellow comforter to muffle her sobs. Her Daddy didn't have green eyes!!! Mommy was talking to_______

"Peggy Sue?! Peggy Sue! Wake up!! You're having the dream again!"

She sat up, disoriented. Mabel was shaking her. Kyle was standing in the doorway of the Mabel's dormroom, a very concerned look on his face.

Peggy Sue composed herself as quickly as possible when she saw him. Surely, he wouldn't want a nut-job for a fiance'! "I'm okay." she assured them, brushing her long red hair out of her face and managing a sleepy smile for both of them. "What are you doing there, Kyle?"

"It's moving day, sweetie. The car is here. I thought maybe you'd need some help carying your things?"

"Kyle," Mabel said gently, "Maybe you need to give her a second to wake up and brush her teeth, ya know." She shooed him out the door, closing it shut behind her.

Kyle stood there for a second, bemused as he stared at the painted wood three inches infront of his glasses. "Sure, okay! I'll just go get the rest of my things and I'll meet you downstairs, okay, Peggy Sue?"

"Okay!" Mabel answered for her, hugging her sister. "Are you sure you want to do this, honey," she whispered.

Peggy Sue jumped backwards in the bed. Mabel had been nothing but supportive in the days following their announcement. She and Bambi had thrown them a huge party two nights ago. Kyle had really seemed different, more relaxed, happier. He even started getting to know his step-brother, Anikian. Oddly, the two were even forming a strong friendship.

"What do you mean, am I sure? If you were against this, you should have spoken up before Kyle rented the apartment and got a car!"

Mabel sighed and hugged her shoulders again. "I'm just a little worried, Sissy. That's all. You keep having these nightmares. He's a little, well, odd. So's his whole family. Eddie Dawson told me that Anikian's really an alien! That's why he's green! Did you know that?"

Peggy Sue shook her head. "Eddie and Anikian have been enemies since they were in Elementary School! And now they are fighting over Bambi. So, no, I don't believe a word Eddie says. Anikian told me it was a skin condition, and I believe him. Anyway, that's not the point!"

Mabel stood up slowly. "You're right. It's not. I'm just worried that you're not ready for all of this. We grew up, well, in a trailer court. Kyle's had everything handed to him on a silver platter."

"That's not true!" Peggy Sue shouted.

"Okay, if you say so. I know I only saw the helicopter landing infront of their house every day to take his Mom to work, while Daddy drove a beat up hatchback."

"Please get to your point," Peggy Sue said, exasperated.

"My point is that. . . " Mabel dropped off. "Is that I love you, and I'm going to be there for you, no matter what. You're only moving across the quad. I can see your apartment from here."

"You can come over every night, bring everyone! I'll cook!"

"You always were a great cook, Sis." Mabel smiled and hugged her again. "C'mon, I'll help you carry your clothes. I wonder what Kyle thinks of people using garbage bags for luggage?" She winked, and both of them shared a laugh together.

"Did ya hear Kyle's putting in a hot tub?" Peggy Sue gushed.

"No! Cool! Now I'll definately be over every night!"

Kyle met them at the top of the stairs. "I couldn't stand being away from you anymore. Are you ready, sweetheart? Here, let me take that stuff." He kissed her cheek as he took the garbage bag out of her hands. "Ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready." Peggy Sue said shakilly. She waved goodbye at everyone who had gathered to wish them well, and got into Kyle's new car, a tiny red hatchback. She was ready. Ready to start the biggest adventure of her young adult life.

Attached Files:

15. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Oops, forgot to tell you, that Anikian and Kyle having a conversation. :)

16. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Kyle is handsome and with Peggy's red hair, their kids are going to be cute.

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Adjusting

The Townhouse was a two-story, with two bedrooms, a bath and a half, and a tiny living room and kitchen. Kyle had put in a " Love Tub", a cheap red hot tub that had candleabras and used rose-scented bath salts. Peggy Sue thought that it was the nicest place she'd ever lived. Kyle complained that the tile was dingy and that it was too small, but they would manage.

Being a gentleman, Kyle offered Peggy Sue the second bedroom, but she refused. She had no intention of being his "roommate." That night, both of them Woo Hoo'ed for the 1st time.

True to her word, Mabel was over every night, with Bambi, Anikian, and other sundry houseguests in tow. Kyle found out that he enjoyed his step-brother's company. He and Ani even, oddly, looked alike. Both of them loved science and learning, and both of them had been raised in a household with a doctor as a parent. Strangely, Anikian confided to Kyle that he was falling head over heels in love for Mabel, though he was seeing Bambi. Bambi was definately the prettier of the two girls, but Mabel was more down-to-earth, more outgoing, more fun.

Kyle found himself a little uncomfortable about some of Mabel's friends. One day a strange looking guy with a mohawk and no clothing came in and ran up and down the stairs. Kyle was shocked and demanded the streaker leave, but Mabel said breezilly, "Oh, that's just Jason. He's a naturalist."

"Nothing natrual about running into a man's home to show him your 'Naughty Bits'!" Kyle retorted. "Tell Jason he's not welcome here without clothes or shoes!"

"Prude!" Mabel chided, then went outside to get into the hot tub.

Kyle walked into the "Den", as he had started calling the extra bedroom. It was his refuge from the chaos. In it were his computer desk, his books, and Peggy Sue's easel. She kept asking for a drum kit or some other kind of musical instrument, but so far he'd been able to stall her. He was working very hard on an accelerated courseload so he could graduate as soon as possible.

Peggy Sue came bounding in, a huge smile on her face. "Dinner, honey!"

"Go on ahead. I have to finish this term paper." He motioned her away and kept typing.

Peggy had gotten used to this pattern. Mabel and all their friends would come over for a home-cooked meal every evening, and almost every evening, Kyle would retreat. He would come out about midnight, when people started leaving, and be in the mood for love and conversation. And omlettes, let's not forget that. He would refuse to eat her dinner, now several hours old, and make himself a fresh omlette before bedtime.

As she came downstairs, she heard muffled voices from the open kitchen window. She recognized them as Mabel and Anikian, together in the hot tub. "Dinner!" she shouted out the window.

"In a minute!" Mabel hollered back.

Peggy Sue sat down, alone for once, with her favorite meal, pork chops. The open kitchen window was directly behind the table, so she could see and hear everything going on in the hot tub. She really was trying not to pry. She really didn't think what her sister did with her best friend's boyfriend was not any of her business. But, she could not help herself.

"You are so pretty without your glasses, you know that, Mabel? You have the deepest brown eyes. They're such an interesting color, like coffee with cream."

Mabel splashed him playfully. "Stop it! You're emberassing me!"

"You really want me to stop?" Ani asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No," Mabel purred. "I definately do not want you to stop. Ever."

Ani motioned her closer, and kissed her lightly. "How about now?" He asked playfully.

"Oh, that's nice. How about this?" Mabel stood up and kissed him deeply.

Peggy Sue decided to turn her chair around, afraid that she was going to see something much more mortifying. As she did, the front door opened and shut, and Bambi walked in.

"Hey," she greeted Peggy Sue casually. "Where's everyone?"

"Umm, ummm, ummm. . ."Peggy struggled to come up with a story, and tried to think of a way to warn Mabel to get off of Anikian!

"Oh, I hear them, out back, in the hot tub again!" Bambi rolled her eyes. "I swear that your sister is going to grow fins." Before Peggy Sue could stop her, Bambi skipped out the back door, coming to a surprised stop when she saw the couple together.

"Anikian Warner!!! What the _______ are you doing!?" She screamed at him.

"Ummm, Bambi, I can explain. . " He mumbled.

"Hi Bambi." Mabel greeted her calmly.

"Don't Hi Bambi me, you jezabelle!" Bambi roared.

Ani got out of the hot tub, "Please, let me try to explain. It's not what you think. It's not that we're cheating on you, I mean, well, I guess we are, but, see, we're in love. . . "

Bambi slugged him.

Mabel jumped out of the hot tub to protect Ani, to calm Bambi down, something, but Bambi slapped her, too, and then ran across the quad, in tears.

Peggy Sue, having watched the whole thing from the kitchen window, silently emerged outside with an icepack.

Kyle had never looked up, but had still heard it all from upstairs. "I wish that they'd keep their drama over at the dorm where it belongs," he muttered to himself as he kept working.

18. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

Peggy had better have a chat with her sister and friends. There could be relationship trouble.

19. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Kyle is kind of a grumpyboots, isn't he. Those knowledge sims, I tell ya.

Fun story! Please keep writing.

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The Graduation Party

"Well?" Peggy Sue asked as Kyle came in the front door. She had sat there for the past twenty minutes, waiting on him.

Kyle broke into a slow smile, his eyes bright. "Perfect Score! You're marrying a Perfect A+ Graduate, baby!"

Peggy Sue squeeled and threw herself into his arms. "I knew you'd do it, baby, I knew it!"

"Call up the family and friends, hon! It's time to celebrate!"

* * * * * *​

The party was scheduled for the next evening. Kyle had called everyone in his family, and all their old dormmates. Mabel came with Anikian as her date. She and Ani were seeing each other quite regularly.

Kyle let out a whoop of joy when he saw a dark-haired young man arrive. Peggy Sue had never seen this person before, but she had heard stories. "Kaleb Nicholas Simpson, as I live and breathe!" Kyle shouted, hugging his older brother.

"Hey, little bro, I hear you're still a geek! Honor Student! Ya think to much." Kaleb joked, giving him a noogie. The two laughed and hugged again.

"Kaleb, I want you to meet Peggy Sue."

"How do you do?" Peggy Sue asked, extending her hand.

Kaleb smiled. He was a bit better looking than Kyle. His dark eyes had a mischevious glimmer that Peggy Sue liked instantly. "I do fine, little lady, and it looks like Kyle does to." He winked.

"Okay, hands off, she's mine. Besides, Delilah wouldn't like it!" Kyle pushed Kaleb towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, my little bride is, well, not the jellous type." Kaleb's good humor seemed to fade for a second. "Where's the juice keg? Wet bar? What's around here to drink?"

"C'mon, Bro, the keg's back here." Kyle laughed and led him away.

Peggy Sue was picking up empty cups in the living room when the door swung open and a lanky woman with long red braids and not enough clothing waltzed through the door. "Peggy Sue! Mah' Baby!" She crooned, and tried to hug her.

Peggy Sue jumped backwards in shock and outrage. "Momma! Who invited you?"

Mavis Yokel looked crestfallen for a second at her refused hug. "Your sister did. Said I should stop by and meet your fiance'."

"Why? You're not invited to the wedding, and you won't be meeting our children. So, why do you need to meet him?" Peggy Sue snapped. She turned on her heel and ran upstairs.

Mavis gave chase. "You don't mean that! I'm your mother! You can't shut me out! You haven't even called to check on your little sisters. Poor little Darla doesn't even know you. . . "

"Darla is not my sister." Peggy Sue said coldly. "Now get out."

"How dare you!" Mavis shreiked. "She is your blood! She's just a little girl, not even two years old yet. Just learning how to walk and talk! And you say such horrible things about her. . . "

"Get out of my house!!! I mean it, get out now before I push you down the stairs!"

Mavis began to sob. "Fine, be that way. Tell your boyfriend I said Hi." She turned ans left the lot, pausing once in the yard to cry, and once again to gawk at the beautiful raven-haired woman who seemed to float past her on the sidewalk.

Kyle was in the backyard telling Kaleb about the Fiat car he had just bought for Peggy Sue when he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. "Kyle, come give mother a hug."

Kaleb, never phased, waved, "Hiya, Mom."

Kyle gave her a cold hug. "Where have you been?" He asked her.

"I had to wait on the sun to go down, you know how it is." she pretended to dust her hands, as if sunlight left her dirty. "Kyle, what are your plans now? Do you have a job? A place to stay?"

"No, Mom. I thought I'd stay here until I found a job. Peggy Sue can't afford to keep the townhouse by herself."

Tina put her had on Kyle's shoulder. "Son, I need you."

"Excuse me?"

"I need your help. And Peggy Sue's. I cannot maintain two lives. I do not want to give up my new life, and neither does Elijah. We're happy being vampires. But we are having a hard time raising children and maintaining a household. I can get you a good job at the hospital. You can do medical research, just like you always dreamed. But, I need you and Peggy Sue to move in and help us raise our children."

"Mother, I want to live on my own! Just me and Peggy Sue." Kyle looked around for Kaleb's help, but Kaleb had disapeared.

"Nonsense. And live in poverty? Trust me, Peggy Sue deserves more. She will enjoy living in our home. She only wants to raise children and paint and be with you. She will be blissfully happy."

Kyle thought about that. Peggy Sue had been very happy living here with him. She loved cooking and entertaining. She was painting and singing all the time. She kept daydreaming about having lots of children (10!) and being a stay-at-home mother. Maybe his mother was right.

"So, it's settled. You move in tonight. I'm so happy!" She hugged Kyle joyfully. "You'll see, it will be wonderful, and you'll never want for anything. And Peggy Sue will have the life she's always dreamed of."

"Yes, Mother. For Peggy Sue, I will do this. But, if she is unhappy, then we move out."

"Of course, darling. But she won't be." Tina smiled sweetly, and then disapeared. Kyle thought he caught site of a bat, flying away, out of the corner of his eye.

"How am I going to tell Peggy Sue?" He muttered.

At that moment, he caught site of her. She was sitting on the back porch, crying. Mabel was comforting her.

"What happened?" Kyle demanded, taking Peggy Sue's hand.

"Mom showed up and upset her. I swear, Peggy, I didn't invite her. I told her about the party, but I didn't say, 'Hey, Mom, why don't you come by and ruin it?'" Mabel looked as if she was near-tears herself.

"I know you didn't, I know she was lying. That's all our mother is good for!" Peggy Sue wailed.

Kyle decided that he needed to wait until later to discuss his plans with her. Right now was definately not the time.